PDA

View Full Version : Devices wanted

deefha
2016-02-09, 03:16
I have a plan to collect complete line of Squeezebox devices including models variations. After some investigation I have this list:

SLIMP3 (wired only)
Squeezebox SB1 (wired only / wireless)
Squeezebox SBG (= SB1 with upgraded display) (wired only / wireless)
Squeezebox2 (wired only / wireless)
Squeezebox v3 (with Slim Devices logo) (wired only / wireless)
Squeezebox Classic (= v3 with Logitech logo) (wired only / wireless)
Transporter (wireless)
Transporter SE (wireless)
Duet (= Receiver + Controller) (wireless)
Boom (wireless)
Radio (wireless)
Touch (wireless)
UE Smart Radio (wireless)

Is that all or I missed something? What about some color variations?

d6jg
2016-02-09, 05:09
I have a plan to collect complete line of Squeezebox devices including models variations. After some investigation I have this list:

SLIMP3 (wired only)
Transporter (wireless)
Boom (wireless)
Radio (wireless)
Touch (wireless)

UE Radio was sold in white as well as black

SlimChances
2016-02-09, 05:30
There was a model (I think SB 3) that was signed by Sean Adams and Dean Blackketter
Classic came in white and black

garym
2016-02-09, 06:09
I have black and red RADIOs. I thought there was a white radio too, but not sure.

bpa
2016-02-09, 06:37
I have black and red RADIOs. I thought there was a white radio too, but not sure.
I have a white radio - I had to give back my Red beta test unit which I think was a different shade of red to production.

SB1G and SB2 came in 4 colours fo a while

https://web.archive.org/web/20050103015905/http://www.slimdevices.com/index.html

edit:

There are a number of different styles of remote control.

lostboy
2016-02-09, 07:07
I can probably let you have an SB1(Black) and an SB1G in silver - both wireless I think, but in varying stages of crustiness. I seem to remember that the soft feel plastic on the SB1 decomposed and I removed it with solvent, so definitely not mint/collectors item. If you're interested I'll dig them out and check if they're working/complete. You'll need to cover shipping from the UK, but otherwise they're free to a good home.

Cheers

Chris

SLIMP3 (wired only)
Transporter (wireless)
Boom (wireless)
Radio (wireless)
Touch (wireless)

joeriz
2016-02-09, 07:21
I don't know what level of detail you plan on going to in collecting variations but Transporters came in silver and black. Additionally, the earlier Transporters came with the 'Slim Devices' logo while the later Logitech ones simply said 'Transporter'.

deefha
2016-02-09, 08:26
Well, it's getting a little bit complicated :-) I think I'll skip some of color & logo options, at least for now. I will primarily focus on the hardware differences.

deefha
2016-02-09, 13:34
I can probably let you have an SB1(Black) and an SB1G in silver - both wireless I think, but in varying stages of crustiness. I seem to remember that the soft feel plastic on the SB1 decomposed and I removed it with solvent, so definitely not mint/collectors item. If you're interested I'll dig them out and check if they're working/complete. You'll need to cover shipping from the UK, but otherwise they're free to a good home.

Cheers

Chris

I am very interested into your offer, thank you! If you really can look for these devices, I would appreciate it.

Mnyb
2016-02-09, 15:07
SB3 aka Classic was sold with or without wifi card , but that option soon disappeared , but it is a plug in card so you can make one or the other by tossing or adding the wifi card .

I dont think there where sold without wifi when logitech took over

Mnyb
2016-02-09, 15:11
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_comparison

deefha
2016-02-09, 15:34
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_comparison

Yes, I know this page very well. It's the best source of information, however some small details still missing.

epoch1970
2016-02-10, 02:41
SB3 aka Classic was sold with or without wifi card , but that option soon disappeared , but it is a plug in card so you can make one or the other by tossing or adding the wifi card .

I dont think there where sold without wifi when logitech took over
This is my impression as well. Also of note, the slimdevices SB3 had the brand 'slimdevices' embossed in the back of the device, while the Logitech Classic had a smooth back (but it seems early Logitech devices were shipped with the slimdevices-branded plastic shell).
Slimdevices SB3 have been shipped with 2 different IR remotes over the years, the first was modeled after the SB2 remote.
Slimdevices SB3 were available in black/black, silver/black, silver/white color combinations. Logitech Classics are only black/black... and it is not exactly the same black for the front fascia.
I think the screen color might have slightly changed as well; I would say the Logitech Classic display had more green in it, but I can't compare as my Classics are in storage.

I would recommend a stroll to the Wayback machine at archive.org. The www.slimdevices.com site looks fairly well archived and you could witness the evolution of the brand and products verbatim.

deefha
2016-02-10, 05:31
This is my impression as well. Also of note, the slimdevices SB3 had the brand 'slimdevices' embossed in the back of the device, while the Logitech Classic had a smooth back (but it seems early Logitech devices were shipped with the slimdevices-branded plastic shell).

Yes, this is the SB3/Classic "hybrid" I have: Slim Devices embossed on back, silver Logitech logo on front. Interesting indeed!

Mnyb
2016-02-10, 13:24
If you want to be really complete , SB3 came with a different psu than "Classic" in this case Logitech improved on the 230V supply which was a bit flimsy in the slimdevices years .

I'm almost sure "Classic" was delivered with a very similar ( if not the same ) psu as Touch had ? Or a variant of the pihong psu .

Cool project I have a SB3 a reciever a controller and one extra Touch stuffed somewhere as backup .

JJZolx
2016-02-10, 14:47
http://www.designdirectory.com/user_files/company_files/8446_137_EVzjCiXB2m3EMNcZrkBrxdRR8.jpg

kidstypike
2016-02-10, 16:09
Don't forget this one, extremely rare ...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12489334/Radio%20Boom.jpg

gregklanderman
2016-02-11, 13:43
Cool, is that a prototype or did they actually sell a Radio Boom?

Greg

kidstypike
2016-02-11, 14:17
Cool, is that a prototype or did they actually sell a Radio Boom?

Greg

I think it just came in kit form, no soldering skills needed...

deefha
2016-02-12, 02:28
Don't forget this one, extremely rare ...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12489334/Radio%20Boom.jpg

Well done! :-D I think this would be a bestseller even today...

gregklanderman
2016-02-16, 06:51
I think it just came in kit form, no soldering skills needed...

ahh nice, you got me!

philippe_44
2016-02-17, 21:51
ahh nice, you got me!

I wish there is more product like the Boom ... One of mines is suffering from the speaker issue, I'll fix it but I'm always anxious that one day it will not boot :(

[edit]: you got me as well

ModelCitizen
2016-02-17, 22:01
I wish there is more product like the Boom ... One of mines is suffering from the speaker issue, I'll fix it but I'm always anxious that one day it will not boot :(

I didn't know it was possible to fix the Boom speaker issue. Are there any instructions anywhere? Sorry for the subversion.

epoch1970
2016-02-18, 11:02
I didn't know it was possible to fix the Boom speaker issue. Are there any instructions anywhere? Sorry for the subversion.

How could you miss this 19-pages cliffhanger: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?82497-Is-Anyone-Fixing-Booms ?

deefha
2016-03-22, 03:01
Just a small update - in a few days my collection will be enriched by SQB Touch in a mint condition. Not bad for about $170, I think :-)

garym
2016-03-22, 04:59
Just a small update - in a few days my collection will be enriched by SQB Touch in a mint condition. Not bad for about $170, I think :-)

good price!!

strim
2016-03-27, 01:04
That Radio Boom might be a bestseller, i like the controls and the screen of the Radio, but the sound of the boom is better.
We can go crowdfunding for that :D

Sander