PDA

View Full Version : 10 second screen dim takes 90 seconds/battery life

basslover99
2016-01-29, 17:02
Regarding battery life, I sometimes like to switch music a lot and explore, listening to 30 seconds here and there. As I do so, the battery drains on the controller really fast, like in a half hour or less. Is this normal battery life?

To increase battery time when I'm listening without surfing around, I set the screen dim to 10 seconds, but it takes 90 seconds, even when I put the controller down on the table. I tried to increase the number, and it took even longer. Is there a way to get the controller to dim more quickly?

Thanks!

Mnyb
2016-01-30, 00:52
You may need a new battery , in my experience the battery lasts 2-3 years , but there are replacements available as it is the same battery as some harmony remotes .

basslover99
2016-01-30, 03:21
Thanks for the reply. I recently bought the current battery, one of these two:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FABVAZI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EQG0CI4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Maybe it's bad. I'll try the other one of these two I just bought. People writing reviews say their battery lasts two weeks or more. Is that what I should expect?

Mnyb
2016-01-30, 03:29
Thanks for the reply. I recently bought the current battery, one of these two:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FABVAZI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EQG0CI4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Maybe it's bad. I'll try the other one of these two I just bought. People writing reviews say their battery lasts two weeks or more. Is that what I should expect?

when I used my controller I did have to charge it every one or two days even when new . I have mine in a box in the attic so can't check what power options there was . It should dim faster and there is also a sleep option .

But I think the mode where you used the reciever itself as AP consumed more power than using it straight to your normal wifi .

If you use the built in ( beta ) audio player for its headphone socket it drains in about 30 minutes or less , that feature was not reliable , it was the precursor to radio and touch .

basslover99
2016-01-30, 03:40
But I think the mode where you used the reciever itself as AP consumed more power than using it straight to your normal wifi
Thanks for the additional info. What is "as AP". Maybe that's mine. I'm not using regular wifi, but a wired internet connection and using the "bridge" installation.

Mnyb
2016-01-30, 04:24
Thanks for the additional info. What is "as AP". Maybe that's mine. I'm not using regular wifi, but a wired internet connection and using the "bridge" installation.

Acess Point . Yes that's the bridge installation , it does not support wifi sleep .

You don't have any WiFi ? For your phones tablets and computers ?

basslover99
2016-01-30, 18:11
I do have wifi available. Maybe I should switch over. I thought a wired connection might be more reliable for high speeds.

verypsb
2016-01-30, 22:47
You can use a wired connection to the Receiver (or any other Squeezebox) and a wifi connection in infrastructure mode to the Controller. (opposed to ad-hoc mode, called bridge mode on the controller)

Mnyb
2016-01-30, 22:55
I do have wifi available. Maybe I should switch over. I thought a wired connection might be more reliable for high speeds.

Yes the reciever can be wired and the controller hooked up to your normal wifi .

Controller is actually talking to the server and its the server thats controlls the player .

basslover99
2016-01-31, 01:37
To switch from AP to wifi controller-to-receiver, do I have to go back and redo the setup?

Mnyb
2016-01-31, 01:54
To switch from AP to wifi controller-to-receiver, do I have to go back and redo the setup?

Yes factory reset of both the receiver and controller .

basslover99
2016-01-31, 02:27
Ok, thanks. Your help much appreciated!