PDA

View Full Version : Radio Tunes

DrGaryG
2016-01-09, 10:19
The verbal instructions on my Squeezebox radio said I had to now use Radio Tunes. I have the ap and have signed up for this. But how do I get stations to show on My Favorites? I can't get anything by clicking on say Classical on the radio. Do I have to download on my computer first?

toby10
2016-01-09, 10:45
So one of your current Favorites is now saying that station is only available through Radio Tunes? Radio Tunes is no longer free, requires a paid subscription for SB usage.
Their website still allows free access. Guessing Radio Tunes is connected to DI.com and RockRadio.com as they just started this as well, with same message.

mherger
2016-01-09, 11:16
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=104977

--

Michael

DrGaryG
2016-01-09, 11:57
So one of your current Favorites is now saying that station is only available through Radio Tunes? Radio Tunes is no longer free, requires a paid subscription for SB usage.
Their website still allows free access. Guessing Radio Tunes is connected to DI.com and RockRadio.com as they just started this as well, with same message.

So is there a free steaming site for Squeezebox radio? What about Pandora? How do I get stations from that site to my favorites?

toby10
2016-01-09, 12:38
So is there a free steaming site for Squeezebox radio? What about Pandora? How do I get stations from that site to my favorites?

Same as described before. Obtain a free Pandora account, install Pandora app on MySB.com, input Pandora login info. Same with Slacker.

Free services remaining (off top of my head)....
TuneIn (basic menu & app)
Pandora & Slacker (ad supported)
ShoutCast
BBC
CBS Radio
SomaFM

We'll see how long those last. :(

Any of the above can be added to Favorites or Presets as individual stations.

DrGaryG
2016-01-09, 13:32
Same as described before. Obtain a free Pandora account, install Pandora app on MySB.com, input Pandora login info. Same with Slacker.

Free services remaining (off top of my head)....
TuneIn (basic menu & app)
Pandora & Slacker (ad supported)
ShoutCast
BBC
CBS Radio
SomaFM

We'll see how long those last. :(

Any of the above can be added to Favorites or Presets as individual stations.

Thank you