PDA

View Full Version : Receiver disappears after a while

hopeful
2016-01-04, 06:11
One of my SB Receivers has started disappearing from LMS after a day or so and then requires a power cycle. Is there anything that I can do to (try and) fix it or should I bin it?

Colin

w3wilkes
2016-01-05, 09:01
Wired or wireless? If wireless it is most likely some type of interference. You could try changing channels on your router. I've found that a lot of routers are set to "automatic" for channel selection. I think receivers aren't the best at following a router initiated channel change. I find that my receivers are more reliable with the channel set specifically.

hopeful
2016-01-05, 09:27
Mine is wired. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

I also noticed that when it does disappear, it messes up connectivity to the other players too until I power it off.

Man in a van
2016-01-05, 09:54
One of my SB Receivers has started disappearing from LMS after a day or so and then requires a power cycle. Is there anything that I can do to (try and) fix it or should I bin it?

Colin

When it comes back, has the IP address changed?

Most routers seem to allocate an IP address for 24hrs and then refresh the address for the next 24hrs, although some may change the refreshed address.

Have you tried giving it a static IP?

Maybe you could first refresh the router to give new addresses to all your devices.

Just guessing really:p

Ronnie.

Swiftie
2016-01-06, 01:04
Have you tried giving it a static IP?

I find that allocating a "fixed" IP address on the router an easy way of getting he effect of a Fixed IP Address. If your router has this facility.