PDA

View Full Version : I was connected ok, and now I can't reconnect

basslover99
2015-12-26, 02:45
Controller firmware is the latest (just updated yesterday).

Receiver firmware also latest (just updated yesterday).

Bridge.

D-Link DIR-655 latest firmware.

I was able to get everything well enough connected so I had internet radio streaming. But since I couldn't get Tidal to work (a whole other subject), I decided to redo the connections process. Now I'm stuck with a blinking red light on the receiver, and the controller won't give me an option to select Squeezebox as the source.

I've tried the controller reset holding down "+" about 5 times, but it still won't give me that option. I also tried resetting the receiver.

Since I had it connecting and working before, I'm at a loss what to do.

Help much appreciated!

w3wilkes
2015-12-26, 08:41
You should factory reset both the receiver (press and hold front button until you see a fast red blink) and the controller. Then do setup from scratch per the manual.

basslover99
2015-12-26, 19:05
Thanks very much for your quick reply, w3wilkes! When I pressed the button it never flashed fast, but I went ahead and reset the comptroller, and then set up did offer me the Squeezebox option. I chose it, but it said it had a problem connecting. (It had connected at one point yesterday.) So I chose PC as source, and now everything seems to be working.

The Remote control on my desktop also works. It has picked up my favorites from msb.com. Since supposedly I'm not connected to it, I don't understand that.

I'm a bit confused about the relation of all this to connecting to msb.com. Is there somewhere I can read about this, so as not to ask you to answer basic questions?

For example, is there any reason to reset the comptroller and try to log in to msb.com? I'm reluctant to mess with a situation that seems to be working.

w3wilkes
2015-12-26, 19:37
Just a follow up (and glad to hear it's working). To reset the receiver you need to press and hold the front button on the receiver for at least 10 seconds before the fast red blink kicks in. Then you can release the button and it will drop back to the slow red blink. At this point the receiver will create its own private wifi network waiting to be contacted by a Duet controller. From the controller you should see the receiver listed by the last 3 bytes of its MAC address. You then use the controller to set up the receiver to connect to your wifi (or wired) network.

basslover99
2015-12-26, 20:10
Thanks for the follow up. I'm still a bit confused about what happened when I was doing this last set up.

At one point it had asked me to choose music source. I first choose msb.com but it said it had a problem connecting. So I chose "pc" and that worked.

What do I lose by not having been able to connect to msb.com? In other words, is everything still as functional as if I had been successful with msb.com?

Specifically, I'm wondering about the following situation: if my computer is off but the router still on, if I'm connected via "pc" then Squeezebox won't work because it needs the computer to be on?

If so, how do I get it to connect to msb.com when it said it had a problem? Unplug the router first, and then change the music source?

Under Settings/Advanced/Networking if I try to do "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" it doesn't work.Do I have to go through the set up process again from scratch to change the music source?

Thanks for your continuing help.

toby10
2015-12-27, 04:49
Something is wrong with your network setup. You should be able to switch between MySB.com and LMS without resetting the player.
With PC off you will get no internet streams (if player cannot connect to MySB.com).

You can play internet streams on the Duet when it is connected to the PC?

Try this: Right click the LMS icon in your system tray, select Control Panel > Diagnostics. What is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?

Swiftie
2015-12-28, 00:11
A bit of a guess on my part, but if your system works when using "PC" but cannot contact MySB.com, then perhaps you've entered the wrong IP address for the "Default Gateway" in your setup. I'm not sure if the Logitech setup uses the term "Default Gateway". It usually needs to be set to the IP address of your router, which typically is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

If you get this wrong, then everything which depends only on your local network works, other devices on your network can access sites outside your network, but the devices with incorrect "Default Gateway" are isolated from the internet.

To test your network and router, open a cmd prompt on your PC and enter the command "ping mysb.com" (without the quotes). Tell us if you get some sort of error, or something that looks hopeful.

basslover99
2015-12-28, 03:05
Thanks for the replies!

toby10, yes I can stream everything through the PC connection. I attached a pic of the Diagnostics. On Squeezebox Receiver Information it gives its IP as 192.168.0.102

Swiftie, I did a ping from dos to mysqueezebox.com and it was fine. I can go the mysb.com website from my browser. From Settings/Advanced/Diagnostics I did a network health test and it passed. It used to fail the ping.

But -- I just rebooted my router and modem, and reset the receiver and comptroller. It still can't connect to mysb.com.

Two other bits of info:

In Settings/Advanced/Networking when I press the button on "Switch to mysb.com" it won't advance.

Before I realized there was a Tidal app, I was trying to set up the ickstream method, so could I have done something during that process that's now preventing my receiver from reaching mysb.com?

toby10
2015-12-28, 03:31
Before I realized there was a Tidal app, I was trying to set up the ickstream method, so could I have done something during that process that's now preventing my receiver from reaching mysb.com?]

Might, dunno, never messed with ickstream. Might try asking on their forums (I assume they have forums?) see if they have any suggestions. I assume ickstream requires LMS be running, correct? If true I doubt the player knowing which URL is MySB.com has changed.

basslover99
2015-12-28, 03:34
One last update:

I unplugged the router and then powered it up again. Now 'Switch to mysb.com" went forward. But it said it couldn't connect and I should check if LMS was running. It was.

I left the control panel open.

I pulled the router plug again and this time the switch worked and I'm now connected to mysb.com!

1) I don't see how to connect back to PC if I want to.

2) And, can anyone explain what was wrong, and how I fixed it :)

Thanks!

toby10
2015-12-28, 03:43
Duet > My Music, should offer to connect to your PC/LMS.

basslover99
2015-12-28, 03:57
Final update:

I tried to replicate the process. Unplugged router, reset receiver and comptroller, and then it won't give me a pc option or a mysb.com option, but only to pick a wireless network.

This is really crazy!!

So I repeated, but unplugged the receiver. Now it let me try to connect to mysb.com, and lo and behold, it said it couldn't connect. Back to square one.

But at least it let me switch to the pc. And it's back to not moving forward if I click on "switch to mysb.com"

basslover99
2015-12-28, 04:02
Yes, My Music did work, thanks.

When I tried to switch to mysb.com, it said it couldn't connect, but the website said it was connected. But my battery died, so I can't check right now when I turn off the computer, if the streaming still works.

toby10
2015-12-28, 05:04
Yes, if you Reset player you must completely set it up again. I wouldn't do that. ;)

Most likely an issue with your network or related settings. Try turning LMS, unplug Receiver, unplug router. Now plug router back in followed by Receiver. Leave LMS off. Now does it connect to MySB.com?

basslover99
2016-01-18, 03:37
I had to take a couple of weeks away from this but I just tried again. Thanks toby10, those steps did get me connected to MySB.com.

Is there away to prevent these steps from having to be taken?

Also please:

It's confusing to me, being able to control the music with the controller, the MySB.com remote control, and LMS. Last time I was connected, I was flipping back and forth using all three and I lost the MySB.com connection. Is using multiple sources of control a reason it could lose the connection?

Thanks for helping with straighten all this out. The music sounds great!

toby10
2016-01-18, 03:56
..... Is using multiple sources of control a reason it could lose the connection?

No. Unrelated to connection issues.

basslover99
2016-01-19, 02:07
toby10, are there any steps you'd recommend to avoid issues again trying to connect with MySB.com?

Thanks!

basslover99
2016-01-23, 18:56
I was just trying to switch between PC and MySB.com and the music stopped playing on my stereo, even though the receiver had a bright white light.

Then I lost all connections.

I tried toby10's steps but this time it didn't work. I can't connect to MySB.com.

Could my router be at fault?

Continued help much appreciated!

Thanks.

basslover99
2016-01-24, 02:23
Update: by playing around with plugging and unplugging and resetting the router, modem, receiver and controller over and over, somehow I was able to get connected via PC. Now when I go to the Settings and press "Switch to mysqueezebox.com", it won't do anything.

I also tried it after shutting off the LMS. Still won't do anything.

I just don't get why it would offer the option and not even try. What does this mean?

Help on this most frustrating situation would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

toby10
2016-01-24, 03:51
I was just trying to switch between PC and MySB.com and the music stopped playing on my stereo, even though the receiver had a bright white light.

Expected and normal. At that point the player has disconnected from your PC so it will stop playing.

toby10
2016-01-24, 03:59
..... I just don't get why it would offer the option and not even try. What does this mean?....

It offers it because that is what is in the menu. Same if you are on MySB.com and have no local PC server, it will still "offer" to switch to an LMS server via My Music even though none exists. Something on your PC or network is preventing your player from switching between LMS and MySB.com. Maybe try turning off LMS then reboot (not reset) the SB Receiver (just unplug it, plug it back in).

basslover99
2016-01-25, 02:42
Thanks, I will try your suggestion. To avoid having to do that (the plug is not that accessible) how can I troubleshoot to find out what on my PC or network is preventing the switch? Any ideas?

garym
2016-01-25, 10:25
Thanks, I will try your suggestion. To avoid having to do that (the plug is not that accessible) how can I troubleshoot to find out what on my PC or network is preventing the switch? Any ideas?

Can you flip the breaker to remove power to the receiver. Wait 60 seconds then flip breaker back on. That will reboot receiver.

w3wilkes
2016-01-25, 22:46
You can unplug the power either from the back of the receiver or where it goes into the wall. If neither is convenient do the breaker as garym suggests.

basslover99
2016-01-26, 01:30
I finally got connected to MySB.com last night and left it playing all night after I shut off the computer. When I restarted the computer in the morning, the music was still playing, but MySB.com said the receiver was not connected. The MySB.com remote didn't work. And LMS was running but it's Web Control didn't work either.

So I'm wondering, where is the music coming from? Maybe this is related to my difficulty switching back and forth.

Then I turned on the controller. Went back to MySB.com and it said the receiver was connected and the remote worked.

Does any of this shed any light on my inability to switch back and forth between MySB.com and PC, without jumping through hoops?

Thanks for your continued assistance.

mherger
2016-01-26, 01:50
> So I'm wondering, where is the music coming from? Maybe this is related
> to my difficulty switching back and forth.

Music from online services usually comes from their servers directly.
LMS or mysb.com are not involved in the streaming process. Therefore you
could be playing a radio station all night long without LMS or mysb.com.

--

Michael