PDA

View Full Version : Private Listening

d6jg
2015-12-15, 13:19
SWMBO likes her Soaps! I don't!
This inevitably means that I do a lot of my listening via a pair of headphones. I used to plug them into my amp but that tethered me to a particular chair and more and more I find myself using iPeng on my iPhone with a pair of B&W P7s but with the addition of a portable headphone amp - Topping NX1.
The only issue with this is telephone interference so rather than the 2 inch cable that came with the amp I have to use a half metre one.
Does anyone know a cure for the phone interference?
What do others use ?

Julf
2015-12-15, 13:59
SWMBO likes her Soaps! I don't!
This inevitably means that I do a lot of my listening via a pair of headphones. I used to plug them into my amp but that tethered me to a particular chair and more and more I find myself using iPeng on my iPhone with a pair of B&W P7s but with the addition of a portable headphone amp - Topping NX1.
The only issue with this is telephone interference so rather than the 2 inch cable that came with the amp I have to use a half metre one.
Does anyone know a cure for the phone interference?
What do others use ?

Hmm. 2 inches is 5 cm. I would have expected the 10 times as long (50 cm) cable to pick up more interference. Is this the cable between the phone and the amp, or amp and headphones?

d6jg
2015-12-15, 14:02
Between Phone and Amp. It's that mobile phone too close interference that you get when on a normal phone.

Julf
2015-12-15, 14:10
Between Phone and Amp. It's that mobile phone too close interference that you get when on a normal phone.

There is a reason the pro world uses balanced connections. Maybe try a shielded cable?

d6jg
2015-12-15, 14:17
Already using an interconnect that claims to be shielded. Was only cheap though.