PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the Duet to connect to Raspberry Pi

Bobfl
2015-12-14, 15:59
After a week of struggling I have found where the problem lies but not an answer for it. As well as a Duet I have a Radio, it is no problem. I installed LMS on Raspberry Pi 2 running Raspbian Wheezy and followed the directions on All Things Pi. I find it will not install on Jessie (any help there?). The purpose of moving the server was to save on energy. I was running a full sized AMD computer 24/7 connected to the Router by Wi-Fi so Wake up on LAN is not possible. The idea of the Pi at 4 watt seemed great and being so small I could connect it to the router by Ethernet.

With all that work done the Receiver will not connect. I do a factory reset on both the controller and receiver but it will not connect. The radio connects without a problem. Tonight I switched the old server back on and the controller connected with the receiver no problem. I then switch to the library running on the Pi and it worked for about 45 sec. when it just dropped out and would not re-connect. I have tried different versions of LMS but it makes no difference.

Has anyone got the Duet running on Raspberry Pi. If so can you give me some details?
Any suggestions how I can run a LMS on a very economical machine?

Anything else would be appreciated.

Robert...

Man in a van
2015-12-14, 16:19
Robert,

I don't have a Duet, but I do use a controller sometimes and it does connect to the raspberry pi.

Maybe try to reset the Router?

Ronnie

Have you tried to connect to the pi by using the controller and going My Music, then scroll down to the bottom of the list and select different(or change) library?

You should see the LMS on the pi listed there.

Bobfl
2015-12-14, 16:26
Robert,

I don't have a Duet, but I do use a controller sometimes and it does connect to the raspberry pi.

Maybe try to reset the Router?

Ronnie

Have you tried to connect to the pi by using the controller and going My Music, then scroll down to the bottom of the list and select different(or change) library?

You should see the LMS on the pi listed there.

Yes done that. I have also used the controller to connect to the radio and that works well too. It's just the receiver.

Mnyb
2015-12-14, 19:26
You did the full factory reset on the reciever when you tried the reset( hold button untill fast flashing red not only until it flashes red )

That said , you should not need to you can have several lms runing at the same time and shift between them withour problems .
But give different names to the two LMS .

Start both servers and try to shift back and forth between them .

If your on 7.9 wait a day or two then you do it with the web ui with the newest release ( there is currently a bug )

Bobfl
2015-12-15, 00:46
You did the full factory reset on the reciever when you tried the reset( hold button untill fast flashing red not only until it flashes red )

That said , you should not need to you can have several lms runing at the same time and shift between them withour problems .
But give different names to the two LMS .

Start both servers and try to shift back and forth between them .

If your on 7.9 wait a day or two then you do it with the web ui with the newest release ( there is currently a bug )

As I pointed out in my original post that is what I did do and it just failed and locked up seconds playing music.

I now have a copy of the server on Jessie that I will install later today.

Man in a van
2015-12-15, 02:44
Yes done that. I have also used the controller to connect to the radio and that works well too. It's just the receiver.

Robert, when you look at the LMS on the pi, if you go to Settings>Information Tab and scroll down is the Receiver listed there along with the Radio.

If not, maybe there is a glitch somewhere in the Network Settings?

How you would remedy this I don't know, but it may help to track down the problem.

Ronnie

Bobfl
2015-12-15, 04:57
Robert, when you look at the LMS on the pi, if you go to Settings>Information Tab and scroll down is the Receiver listed there along with the Radio.

If not, maybe there is a glitch somewhere in the Network Settings?

How you would remedy this I don't know, but it may help to track down the problem.

Ronnie Got IT. This is very weird and has more to do with the Receiver than LMS. I stumbled on this when I was unable to connect to the original server. This is what seems to work.
1. Start configuration from a factory reset.
2. When the Controller logs into the router turn the router (VM SHub2) off.
3. Turn Router back on and wait and in my case it self configured indicated by main menu displayed.

No good rebooting router then start config it just does not work tried that many times.

It probably has something to do with the DHCP server in the router. But I have been on VM since August and never a problem.

No I better get on with all these chores whilst I listen to some music.

Thanks for all the help.

Robert....

Bobfl
2015-12-15, 13:01
Hi Ronnie and every one. I am afraid that triumph was short lived. After running for about and hour it just kept dropping out. Rebooting the router would bring it back for a while. The Squeezebox Radio in the meantime had non of these problems.
My final approach to this was to put the SuperHub2 into modem mode and brought out my Netgear dual band router. After a lot of fiddling I got it all setup, put it on the bookshelf and all seemed to work. The Duet setup this time when very smoothly and has not dropped out. I think it is a combination of things. No problem on the old server it was just the Pi.

Thanks for all your help.
Robert...

Man in a van
2015-12-15, 13:46
Well it seems to me, if you can hack the Router/network problem, that is where the problem/solution is.

Or, try another OS, why not Max2Play?