PDA

View Full Version : Wrong artwork for some artists

pkfox
2015-12-14, 02:21
Hi all, I'm currently extending my LMSDocumenter application to include artwork for albums and I've noticed that some of mine are incorrect , for instance I have a Katy Perry cover for the REM album UP, how can I correct this ? I've downloaded the correct jpg and named it cover.jpg ( in the correct folder ) but I still see the incorrect image on the web interface. I'm assuming artwork is cached somewhere and needs clearing.

Wirrunna
2015-12-14, 03:11
Hi all, I'm currently extending my LMSDocumenter application to include artwork for albums and I've noticed that some of mine are incorrect , for instance I have a Katy Perry cover for the REM album UP, how can I correct this ? I've downloaded the correct jpg and named it cover.jpg ( in the correct folder ) but I still see the incorrect image on the web interface. I'm assuming artwork is cached somewhere and needs clearing.

A clear & rescan should fix it.

DJanGo
2015-12-14, 05:06

But only - if he didnt add the (wrong) Cover into the Tag.

You didnt need a clear & rescan - just play the first track and look (in the gui) for the id tags should work in most cases.

A Clear and rescan is AFAIK only needed if you rename a misspelled Artist and want the misspelled artist disapear.

pkfox
2015-12-14, 06:27

Tried that didn't work

pkfox
2015-12-14, 06:30
But only - if he didnt add the (wrong) Cover into the Tag.

You didnt need a clear & rescan - just play the first track and look (in the gui) for the id tags should work in most cases.

A Clear and rescan is AFAIK only needed if you rename a misspelled Artist and want the misspelled artist disapear.

Just installed a new release of 7.9 and the correct artwork is showing ( presumably the cover.jpg I put in the folder ) ah well

DJanGo
2015-12-14, 06:36
Just installed a new release of 7.9 and the correct artwork is showing ( presumably the cover.jpg I put in the folder ) ah well

unless you use some plugin like michaels Artist plugin - that has nothing in common.

Blackfiction
2017-01-18, 06:31

Hi pkfox,

I am using the lmsdocumenter. Thanks for the great program. Did you extend it with album art?

pkfox
2017-01-18, 11:01
Hi pkfox,

I am using the lmsdocumenter. Thanks for the great program. Did you extend it with album art?

Hi there and thanks, yes I have extended it, I will put a link up when I've got time - paid work getting in the way