PDA

View Full Version : Spotify adding local music to playlist

pkfox
2015-12-11, 02:38
Hi all, I've just opened a spotify premier account and started using Triodes plugin , I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but when I do a Spotify search and play a track , after a few seconds I get some of my own music appearing in the playlist - any ideas as to what's causing this ?

mherger
2015-12-11, 02:57
> Hi all, I've just opened a spotify premier account and started using
> Triodes plugin , I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but when I do
> a Spotify search and play a track , after a few seconds I get some of my
> own music appearing in the playlist - any ideas as to what's causing
> this ?

SmartMix' "don't stop the music" feature?

--

Michael

pkfox
2015-12-11, 03:44
> Hi all, I've just opened a spotify premier account and started using
> Triodes plugin , I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but when I do
> a Spotify search and play a track , after a few seconds I get some of my
> own music appearing in the playlist - any ideas as to what's causing
> this ?

SmartMix' "don't stop the music" feature?

--

Michael

Can't see that in settings

Edit

I've disable Smartmix and it's fixed thanks

mherger
2015-12-11, 04:01
> Can't see that in settings

Are you using the SmartMix or SpiceFly's Sugarcube plugin?

--

Michael

Mnyb
2015-12-11, 04:35

Edit

You can set the limits for this if you set at thousands of tracks they dont practically dissapear ,but you get the bennefit off addding tracks to the end :)

kidstypike
2015-12-11, 04:45

Edit

Michael doesn't see "Edits".

pkfox
2015-12-11, 05:01
> Can't see that in settings

Are you using the SmartMix or SpiceFly's Sugarcube plugin?

Michael

SmartMix is installed but I don't use it - as I said I've disabled it now and Spotify seems to work ok

pkfox
2015-12-11, 05:03
You can set the limits for this if you set at thousands of tracks they dont practically dissapear ,but you get the bennefit off addding tracks to the end :)

All I want to do is use Spotify without any interference from anything else until I get used to it ( never used it until today )

d6jg
2015-12-11, 05:06
SmartMix is installed but I don't use it - as I said I've disabled it now and Spotify seems to work ok

SmartMix with Spotify is one of the best ways to use it IMHO. I frequently decide to listen to some of my local music in the office so I will choose a couple of albums and if I forget to add any more or get distracted by phone calls etc then SmartMix will add some appropriate Spotify tracks for me until I can resume control. I do get SmartMix playing the same artist a bit but ....

pkfox
2015-12-11, 06:03
SmartMix with Spotify is one of the best ways to use it IMHO. I frequently decide to listen to some of my local music in the office so I will choose a couple of albums and if I forget to add any more or get distracted by phone calls etc then SmartMix will add some appropriate Spotify tracks for me until I can resume control. I do get SmartMix playing the same artist a bit but ....

I decided to give Spotify a go just to listen to stuff I don't like enough to buy - I didn't realise it had a mind of it's own :-)

Grumpy Bob
2015-12-11, 06:08
I decided to give Spotify a go just to listen to stuff I don't like enough to buy - I didn't realise it had a mind of it's own :-)

I started with Spotify a couple of years ago with the idea I could listen to music before buying it. My purchase rate increased! (I don't see streaming as an alternative to buying music - I buy downloads, CDs and vinyl, but not cassettes!).

Today I have fallen in love with Sparks' Kimono My House.

Robert

Mnyb
2015-12-11, 08:36
I started with Spotify a couple of years ago with the idea I could listen to music before buying it. My purchase rate increased! (I don't see streaming as an alternative to buying music - I buy downloads, CDs and vinyl, but not cassettes!).

Today I have fallen in love with Sparks' Kimono My House.

Robert

I do that too .

And I also use the SmartMix plugin with Spotify as described . Just for this reason .

I play something from my own files and then I let SmartMix contour up something from my local files and Spotify .
If I get curious and liked it I also use the what was that tune plugin or play log plugin to see my listening history :)

GeeJay
2015-12-13, 11:56
How well does Spotify/Smart Mix work in a multi-player synced setup, particularly with a mix of SBs and Pi's?

d6jg
2015-12-13, 14:16
I only sync a couple of Pi's usually but in their case Spotify / SmartMix work fine. I'd expect a mix of SBs & Pi's to be similar.