PDA

View Full Version : Find music folder

pkfox
2015-11-30, 06:46
Hi all, anyone here know where the music folder location is stored in LMS ( e.g is there a .conf file somewhere with info such as this ? )

Edit

Sorry all I should have been clearer - I need to find this info programatically - I was rather hoping it would be stored in the database somewhere

DJanGo
2015-11-30, 06:50
Hi all, anyone here know where the music folder location is stored in LMS ( e.g is there a .conf file somewhere with info such as this ? )

/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs
but its better to use sqlite from remote.

edit btw: its not THE music folder location - there a SOME if you want (i'd have one for each trailing char in the Alphabet and some others for Samplers, soundtrack, lounge childstuff .....)

Julf
2015-11-30, 06:55

What operating system are you on? On Ubuntu the server configuration is in var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs

See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server_file_locations

pkfox
2015-11-30, 07:04
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs
but its better to use sqlite from remote.

edit btw: its not THE music folder location - there a SOME if you want (i'd have one for each trailing char in the Alphabet and some others for Samplers, soundtrack, lounge childstuff .....)

Hi there - please see my amended original post

pkfox
2015-11-30, 07:04
What operating system are you on? On Ubuntu the server configuration is in var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs

See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server_file_locations

Hi there - please see my amended original post

DJanGo
2015-11-30, 07:12
Sorry all I should have been clearer - I need to find this info programatically - I was rather hoping it would be stored in the database somewhere

sqlite3 /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/persist.db "select url from tracks_persistent limit 1;"

pkfox
2015-11-30, 07:50
sqlite3 /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/persist.db "select url from tracks_persistent limit 1;"

Hi there and thanks for that, I know have to parse the true path from that :-), whilst I have your ear - do you know if this info is available from the cli ?

pippin
2015-11-30, 08:23
You can query server prefs through the CLI but I don't know whether this one is among them. You'll probably have to look up the property name in the web source code or in the preferences file.

pkfox
2015-11-30, 09:04
You can query server prefs through the CLI but I don't know whether this one is among them. You'll probably have to look up the property name in the web source code or in the preferences file.

Ok Pippin thanks - what i'm trying to do is ( for my documenter ) contruct a path to each album folder on the server so that I can look for coverart - what I've got so far is the ip address of the server which I can use to get a partial path to the server but I need the music folder as the next ingredient

pkfox
2015-11-30, 09:19
Ok Pippin thanks - what i'm trying to do is ( for my documenter ) contruct a path to each album folder on the server so that I can look for coverart - what I've got so far is the ip address of the server which I can use to get a partial path to the server but I need the music folder as the next ingredient

Edit

I've found it - pref mediadirs ? thanks again