PDA

View Full Version : How to access and update my music via MySqueezebox.com?

janti
2015-11-27, 05:05
Hello all

I haven't been updating my music for a while. Have I forgotten everything, or have things changed?

I log into www.mysqueezebox.com. I find my podcasts there, but I cannot find the music I've stored, as I think I did before.

Or do I need to log in elsewhere?

Any help appreciated!

Jan

Man in a van
2015-11-27, 05:18
Hello all

I haven't been updating my music for a while. Have I forgotten everything, or have things changed?

I log into www.mysqueezebox.com (http://www.mysqueezebox.com). I find my podcasts there, but I cannot find the music I've stored, as I think I did before.

Any help appreciated!

Jan

How to we know what you did before? Guess?

garym
2015-11-27, 08:37
Hello all

I log into www.mysqueezebox.com (http://www.mysqueezebox.com). I find my podcasts there, but I cannot find the music I've stored, as I think I did before.

Any help appreciated!

Jan

Your own music would have been stored on your own local computer. It would now run Logitech Media Server. This used to be called squeezecenter, then squeezeboxserver.

P.s. In the old days there was some sort of MP3 vault that allowed cloud storage of MP3 files. I think this has been gone for several years.

janti
2015-11-28, 04:18
Your own music would have been stored on your own local computer. It would now run Logitech Media Server. This used to be called squeezecenter, then squeezeboxserver.

P.s. In the old days there was some sort of MP3 vault that allowed cloud storage of MP3 files. I think this has been gone for several years.

Thank you!

I have all my music on my NAS, no problem uploading it to the NAS, but I cannot access it via the web anymore (www.mysqueezebox.com), but I can access podcasts etc.

This is probably no good explanation, though.

Best regards

Jan

pippin
2015-11-28, 04:45
I think the misunderstanding here is that it's not MySqueezebox.com you use to access the music on your NAS. You can just download the software from MySqueezebox.com and it gives you access to online sources.
What you need to access for your local music is Logitech Media Server which might be running on your NAS. If that's the case you probably reach it through "<your NAS' address:9000" or "address:9001"

kidstypike
2015-11-28, 04:46
Thank you!

I have all my music on my NAS, no problem uploading it to the NAS, but I cannot access it via the web anymore (www.mysqueezebox.com (http://www.mysqueezebox.com)), but I can access podcasts etc.

This is probably no good explanation, though.

Best regards

Jan

You need to install Logitech Media Server on your NAS/ PC/Mac/Laptop, or on something that will run it.

Your local music files have never been accessible via mysqueezebox.com, that isn't what it's for.

In a web browser type <IP address of your NAS>:9000, what do you get?

janti
2015-11-28, 07:11
I think the misunderstanding here is that it's not MySqueezebox.com you use to access the music on your NAS. You can just download the software from MySqueezebox.com and it gives you access to online sources.
What you need to access for your local music is Logitech Media Server which might be running on your NAS. If that's the case you probably reach it through "<your NAS' address:9000" or "address:9001"

Thank you very much!

Then I understand better, and I've been to RAIDar and gone to Setup. I remember now that that's what I did several years ago too.

Username and password is needed, though. I remember the default was something like admin + admin before, but that doesn't work for me. Has that changed too?

Any help appreciated!

Best regards

Jan

garym
2015-11-28, 07:14
Thank you very much!

Then I understand better, and I've been to RAIDar and gone to Setup. I remember now that that's what I did several years ago too.

Username and password is needed, though. I remember the default was something like admin + admin before, but that doesn't work for me. Has that changed too?

Any help appreciated!

Best regards

Jan

Raidar and password is related to your NAS. presumably this is a netgear readyNAS. You should ask at the netgear readyNAS forums for help on accessing the NAS.

bomboloni
2015-11-28, 07:33
Thank you very much!

Any help appreciated!

Best regards

Jan

I also use a ReadNAS, and for all Netgear NAS the default Username is Admin, and the Password is netgear1

janti
2015-11-28, 11:54
Thank you very much! With that password I succeded!

Best regards

Jan

pkfox
2015-12-06, 02:31
Thank you very much! With that password I succeded!

Best regards

Jan

Now change the password you got lucky 😀