PDA

View Full Version : No Audio on Squeezebox Classic

vincee
2015-11-16, 19:22
I recently resurrected an old Squeezebox classic with a new power supply, and it turns on and seems to be connecting and networking properly, however I can't get any audio to actually stream out of the device. I've tried internet radio, two different computers as servers, a factory reset and nothing has worked so far. I've also tried to coax the Squeezebox into doing a sine test (by holding '3') but nothing seems to happen.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

vincee
2015-11-16, 19:22
After digging through the internet, I can't seem to find any tips except this one video of someone who has exactly my problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEpRhro4LQk

kidstypike
2015-11-17, 00:36
I recently resurrected an old Squeezebox classic with a new power supply, and it turns on and seems to be connecting and networking properly, however I can't get any audio to actually stream out of the device. I've tried internet radio, two different computers as servers, a factory reset and nothing has worked so far. I've also tried to coax the Squeezebox into doing a sine test (by holding '3') but nothing seems to happen.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Try re-setting the audio chip (xlinx reset). Remove power, point IR remote at your Classic, press and hold the "1" button while powering on.

toby10
2015-11-17, 04:20
Screen shows it is playing something? Tried all audio output options (coax digital, optical, analog L/R)?

cege
2015-12-28, 07:45
Had the same issues with 2 SB Classic same time... very strange. All others were working (Boom, Radio, Touch).
6 month ago, I didn't found anything in particular and putted them away in a box.
Today, as I was thinking on the new years party (and the SB synchronizing) I thought, common ... maybe it's now working again... but still fail.
Then I read about removing the WiFi card as a common issue (and solving) and guess what... it's working like charm again :)
Simply open the 2 screws on the back cover and then open 4 screws from the board. WiFi card can be removed by spreading the side locks.
2 cables removed at the card, marked and isolated... that's it!