PDA

View Full Version : Sleep or Turn Off At x:00 every night?

spedinfargo
2015-10-27, 20:18
Since my daughter moved into her new room upstairs there's been a few times that her SB Radio has played all night. I used to turn it off manually most nights but I'm too lazy to go upstairs.

I thought it would be best to just set up a schedule where it turns off or starts sleep mode at 9:00 or 10:00 every night and not have to worry about it. Is there any easy way to do this? I suppose sending a CLI command for stop is easiest - I could probably set this up with a Windows Task or something.

What's the easiest way to accomplish this? Maybe an alarm where I set it to a short quiet song? Is there a plug-in out there for something like this?

Pascal Hibon
2015-10-27, 23:48
Not entirely what you're looking for but maybe you could make it work in your situation. There is a plugin called PowerSave. It allows you the power off a player after a certain amount of active time.

Jeff07971
2015-10-28, 04:02
Since my daughter moved into her new room upstairs there's been a few times that her SB Radio has played all night. I used to turn it off manually most nights but I'm too lazy to go upstairs.

I thought it would be best to just set up a schedule where it turns off or starts sleep mode at 9:00 or 10:00 every night and not have to worry about it. Is there any easy way to do this? I suppose sending a CLI command for stop is easiest - I could probably set this up with a Windows Task or something.

What's the easiest way to accomplish this? Maybe an alarm where I set it to a short quiet song? Is there a plug-in out there for something like this?

How about setting an alarm at zero volume at the time you wish to stop the player ?
If you want not to set zero volume for the alarm create a silent mp3 or FLAC to play

Pascal Hibon
2015-10-28, 05:33
How about setting an alarm at zero volume at the time you wish to stop the player ?
If you want not to set zero volume for the alarm create a silent mp3 or FLAC to play

You could actually combine an alarm with the PowerSave plugin.
Set an alarm at 00:00 hours to play a very short mp3 (or whatever). Then configure the powersave plugin to power off after 5 minutes or so.
That will switch off the radio 5 minutes after the alarm went off.

spedinfargo
2015-10-28, 06:31
Set an alarm at 00:00 hours to play a very short mp3 (or whatever). Then configure the powersave plugin to power off after 5 minutes or so.

I think PowerSave alone might be a perfect fit. I'll have to research exactly what it means by inactivity (does it essentially mean nobody has pressed a key for that player in x number of minutes?) since she basically falls asleep with it on. If it turns off after her not interacting with it for a while, then that might just work.

Thanks for the ideas!

Jeff07971
2015-10-28, 07:04

You don't even need powersave, the player is switched off after the "Alarm Timeout".

Pascal Hibon
2015-10-28, 07:53
You don't even need powersave, the player is switched off after the "Alarm Timeout".

Yes, that's true; my bad.

Pascal Hibon
2015-10-28, 07:57
I think PowerSave alone might be a perfect fit. I'll have to research exactly what it means by inactivity (does it essentially mean nobody has pressed a key for that player in x number of minutes?) since she basically falls asleep with it on. If it turns off after her not interacting with it for a while, then that might just work.

Thanks for the ideas!

PowerSave can kick in after a definable time when the player is either paused or stopped. It is also possible to set it to always. In this case the player switches off after the defined time no matter what the player is doing.

Your daughter could also use the sleep timer on the Radio. You can define how long it will continue to play. This does not require any plugin; it is built in the Radio.