PDA

View Full Version : How to configure Receiver for wireless network if Controller has been lost?

jrantoine
2015-10-18, 14:01
Squeezebox Duet worked fine with me since quite long time. As controller I was using the Squeezebox App on my Galaxy S2.
Yesterday, I intended to restart the Receiver but I erroneously performed a reset to factory settings. Since I have lost the original Controller I'm now unable to connect the Receiver to my wireless network, as I cannot find a way to do the configuration by means of the App on my Smartphone.

Is there a way to configure the Receiver for a wireless network other than by means of the original Controller?

​jrantoine

Jeff07971
2015-10-18, 14:14
Squeezebox Duet worked fine with me since quite long time. As controller I was using the Squeezebox App on my Galaxy S2.
Yesterday, I intended to restart the Receiver but I erroneously performed a reset to factory settings. Since I have lost the original Controller I'm now unable to connect the Receiver to my wireless network, as I cannot find a way to do the configuration by means of the App on my Smartphone.

Is there a way to configure the Receiver for a wireless network other than by means of the original Controller?

​jrantoine

Yes, theres a utility called Net::UDAP. I use it under Linux but I believe it can be used under windows as well

http://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac

Jeff07971
2015-10-18, 14:25
Also Here

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?57861-Net-UDAP-SqueezeBox-Receiver-configuration-tool

thealmost
2015-10-19, 08:09
Squeezbox Duet Receiver USA Airport Extreme router Notes: WPA2 Personal AES 128bit
I hope this is helpful to someone who is attempting to reconfigure their Squeezebox Duet wirelessly with an Apple Airport Extreme router. It took much trial and error to get the settings just right. I'll first list the settings which worked for me, followed by a more in depth procedural.

UDAP [1] (squeezebox 168d92)> list
bridging: 0
hostname: SB_LR
interface: 0
lan_gateway: 10.0.1.1
lan_ip_mode: 1
lan_network_address:
lan_subnet_mask: 255.255.255.0
primary_dns: 10.0.1.1
secondary_dns: 0.0.0.0
server_address: 0.0.0.0
squeezecenter_address: 10.0.1.201
squeezecenter_name:
wireless_SSID: your router SSID
wireless_channel: 11
wireless_keylen: 1
wireless_mode: 0
wireless_region_id: 4
wireless_wep_key_0:
wireless_wep_key_1:
wireless_wep_key_2:
wireless_wep_key_3:
wireless_wep_on: 0
wireless_wpa_cipher: 2
wireless_wpa_mode: 2
wireless_wpa_on: 1
wireless_wpa_psk: your wifi password

First of all, I was never able to get the UDAP interface working on my mac. I got as far as installing, I think successfully, the Perl xcode on my Macbook laptop, but could never figure out how to pull the interface up. My ignorance of mac terminal is at play here surely and I think it had to do with execution rights or something. Luckily I had an old PC laptop still handy, on it's last breath, but it has saved me more times than I care to say.
I downloaded udap_shell_1_0_0.exe and ran it on my PC with the SR (Squeezebox Receiver) hardwired via ethernet cable to the laptop ethernet port. I typed in discover and the UDAP utility found my SR right away. Then I typed config 1 and the following prompt appeared UDAP [1] (squeezebox 168d92)>. The alpha numeric code at the end of the prompt is the last six digits of my SR mac hardware address. Now I was off and running and able to communicate directly with my SR. The next chapter took much trial and error to complete.
Most of the online notes that I found were for hard wire and in the UK, but I wanted to run my SR wirelessly here in the USA. I couldn't find any solid notes on wireless settings: wpa2 vs wpa, aes vs tkip, wep, etc. Then began many hours of trial and error.

If you have the same setup as me, here is the command line to use to get yourself up and running, simply fill in the info from your configuration where the parentheticals appear, then cut and paste this set command into the UDAP interface:

set interface=0 lan_gateway=(your router's IP address) lan_ip_mode=1 lan_subnet_mask=255.255.255.0 primary_dns=(I used same entry as lan_gateway) squeezecenter_address=(IP address of your squeeze center server, I have mine on a NAS) wireless_SSID=(your router SSID, case sensitive) wireless_channel=11 wireless_keylen=1 wireless_mode=0 wireless_region_id=4 wireless_wep_on=0 wireless_wpa_cipher=2 wireless_wpa_mode=2 wireless_wpa_on=1 wireless_wpa_psk=(your wifi password in quotes, not hex or ascii!)

Now you must enter the save_data command. I also entered the save_ip command, although I don't know if it's necessary. I also don't know the exact purpose of the reset command, but executed that as well. I power cycled my SR and unplugged the ethernet cable and I was back in business. I haven't tried out Pandora or any of those services as I don't use them.

Each of the above commands can be entered one at a time if you need to tweak as you go. For example:
set lan_gateway=10.0.1.201
save_data (and/or save_ip)
list

The list command gives you a list of your SR settings, however, it is not a live update. When I had my SR completely powered down, I could still list settings and see them, which means that, that data must be cached somewhere. This was very confusing at first and I could execute commands, then see the changes in UDAP, but the settings would never get to the SR. I can only tell you that if the SR is directly connected to your laptop, we will be updating it with set commands, otherwise, don't be too sure.
The the most difficult part in setting up the SR wirelessly using UDAP was the lack of knowledge about WPA2 Personal, which is what I use on the Airport Extreme. After much research I found out that WPA2 Personal uses AES and the key length is 128 bit.
Also, the USA region is 4, not 1, as I found listed somewhere else on the web.
Your wireless channel may be different than 11 and you'll have to take a look at your system to figure it out. My knowledge about it is limited.
I hope I helped someone out and thanks to all the work putting the UDAP program together. Where is Logitech? Why on earth won't they make available a simple utility for both PC and Mac users to support their product?