PDA

View Full Version : Free/reset player mac addresses .. HELP

Taxismurder
2015-10-13, 13:43
Hi yall good people. i need help ... fast..
Background: Running various SB players in our house for 7-8 years via LMS on Windows home server. (present 7.9.0)
2x Duet's, 1x boom, 1x radio 1 gen. Some pc clients with softsqueeze, and latest, some Raspberry Pi's (Picoreplayer)
Controlled via Squeezepad on 4x ipads (ipads also acts as players via squeezepad)

It's been years since i've logged in on mysqueezebox.com with original username (mail address) discontinued at ISP long time ago.
Forgot password and can't naturally not retrieve mail with new one.

i realized long time ago that ex. adding new podcast's ect. would not be possible on the present (original username) account.

And thought that it would take the best of a saturday morning, to create new account on mysquezzebox.com, input all my podcast subscribtions again, setup my programs (wimp, deezer, 3rd ect) input the new account specs on my server,
Hardware reset ALL players and go through the nerdy and sometimes twangy setup procedure again on all of 'em.
this is a job that i have postponed for a while for obvious reasons.

But pulled the thing off last weekend only to discover that every mac address is held hostage on old account (no access) and now stuck with a house with sound system fucked up/players not recognized....
Google revealed that only Logitech can delete/set free the players mac address from the old account/username. "just call Logitech, with list op Mac addresses handy" the happy post's said.
Fair enough. but here in Denmark Logitech seems a bit short on staff relevant, for the specific issue, regarding Discontinued HW, ect.....
I cannot find relevant Logitech persons to call in DK, or any other Country for that matter.
Wrote email in official MO through danish website 7 days ago.
nothing but auto response.

So basically i'm asking if any here know how to resolve this?
And eventually provide a Phone number to relevant Logitech dude/dudette regrding this, world wide, africa, the moon i don't care as long as i reach the right people.
Second best a valid Email regarding the specific issue. (an actually answersing email adresses with the right people)

Or do i have to throw my setup in the bin? And go spend thusands on sonos et al (like it's one user only and then your fucked) it does not make sense.
i'm aware that the HW is discontinued but one assumes that as long as the server side is connected to a working mysqueezebox.com one could expect support that way around...
Phone support = dead link..:(

TX in Advance.. :)

Apesbrain
2015-10-13, 14:04
While the title may not seem so this thread has all the information you need;
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103274-Unable-to-remove-prior-user-s-Pandora-account&highlight=prior+user+account

In particular, see posts 18 & 25.

Taxismurder
2015-10-13, 14:34
While the title may not seem so this thread has all the information you need;
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103274-Unable-to-remove-prior-user-s-Pandora-account&highlight=prior+user+account

In particular, see posts 18 & 25.

TX 4 fast accurate reply. :)
i'll try the phone option right away. (north America) ref time diff.

mherger
2015-10-13, 21:35
> So basically i'm asking if any here know how to resolve this?

Please send MAC addresses of the players plus your old and new mail
addresses to michael št slimdevices dott com. I did receive what might
have been your attempt to get in touch with me. But unfortunately it
used an invalid mail address and I couldn't get back to you (or whoever
it was :-)).

--

Michael

Taxismurder
2015-10-15, 08:44
> So basically i'm asking if any here know how to resolve this?

Please send MAC addresses of the players plus your old and new mail
addresses to michael št slimdevices dott com. I did receive what might
have been your attempt to get in touch with me. But unfortunately it
used an invalid mail address and I couldn't get back to you (or whoever
it was :-)).

--

Michael

Hi Michael. Tx for responding. i guess i'm all good now.
Called the south american number, and somehow was able to get my points clear.
though the fine support woman only needed one of my players mac adresses and of course the old faulty non accessable email adress, plus the new one.
To clear/release them all, (verified via code sendt by mail)
Well i guess, because i've only so far managed to get 2x duet, boom, and raspberry pi connected again, but haven't had the patience with my radio in master bathroom, due to my own
impatience regarding the dial sys and new longer username passsw :o)
further more not tested/set up the 2-3 pc's running squeezelite, softsqueeze ect. occationly (that would in my garage, hobby room, as so on)
So i figure i'm back in biz. :0)
a twangy deal, but how would one know the mac address was key in resetting sys...