PDA

View Full Version : Can't select media folders on Synology NAS drive

Deanorob
2015-10-06, 06:35
I have recently transfered my music files from ordinary external hard drives to a Synology NAS drive. I downloaded Logitech Media Server from the package center on the NAS drive. On first set up everything was fine. I was able to point LMS to the media folders on the NAS drive and everything loaded up. Next morning however something changed and the server now no longer sees the folders. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. The NAS drive can be seen by all other streaming equipment.
Please help.

Julf
2015-10-06, 07:17
I have recently transfered my music files from ordinary external hard drives to a Synology NAS drive. I downloaded Logitech Media Server from the package center on the NAS drive. On first set up everything was fine. I was able to point LMS to the media folders on the NAS drive and everything loaded up. Next morning however something changed and the server now no longer sees the folders. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. The NAS drive can be seen by all other streaming equipment.
Please help.

What OS are you running on your computer? Can you see the NAS folders using a regular file browser?

Deanorob
2015-10-08, 03:15
I am running Windows 10 and yes I can see the folders on other file browsers.
The problem occurs no matter what machine I try to access with eg. tablet, smart phone, laptop, desktop etc.
What else could I try?.
Many thanks.

Julf
2015-10-08, 05:48
I am running Windows 10 and yes I can see the folders on other file browsers.
The problem occurs no matter what machine I try to access with eg. tablet, smart phone, laptop, desktop etc.
What else could I try?.
Many thanks.

The client shouldn't matter. Sounds like it might be a file permissions issue. Hopefully people more knowledgeable with Windows will chip in.

pinkdot
2015-10-09, 02:58
What nas do you have and what version of LMS are you running?
If you want to select a folder, what folders do you see? None or not the right ones.