PDA

View Full Version : slimserver.pl problem



Michael Amster
2004-12-14, 10:47
Anyone see this before?

Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0xf8,
immediately after start byte 0xe6) at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Hardware/VFD.pm line 846.

I did not do anything special to corrupt things - I will see if there is
anything else wrong. It's a weird one.

kdf
2004-12-14, 10:55
Quoting Michael Amster <mamster (AT) wnx (DOT) com>:

> Anyone see this before?
>
> Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0xf8,
> immediately after start byte 0xe6) at
> /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Hardware/VFD.pm line 846.
>
> I did not do anything special to corrupt things - I will see if there is
> anything else wrong. It's a weird one.
>
This is problem in the 6.0 unstable version. There is a lot else wrong.
For stable use, please download the 5.4.1 nightly builds.

Michael Amster
2004-12-14, 11:10
This is a 5.4.0 install...

kdf wrote:

>Quoting Michael Amster <mamster (AT) wnx (DOT) com>:
>
>
>
>>Anyone see this before?
>>
>>Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0xf8,
>>immediately after start byte 0xe6) at
>>/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Hardware/VFD.pm line 846.
>>
>>I did not do anything special to corrupt things - I will see if there is
>>anything else wrong. It's a weird one.
>>
>>
>>
>This is problem in the 6.0 unstable version. There is a lot else wrong.
>For stable use, please download the 5.4.1 nightly builds.
>

kdf
2004-12-14, 11:47
Quoting Michael Amster <mamster (AT) wnx (DOT) com>:

> This is a 5.4.0 install...

UTF-8 should not be involved with 5.4. That IS an odd one. However, I HAVE
seen this error a great deal in 6.0. I guess something slipped through,
perhaps.

-kdf

Michael Amster
2004-12-14, 14:31
Looks like the upgrade to perl 5.8.0 in RH9 gets things munged. I had
to change the i18n file and restart. Things seem OK now.

-MA

kdf wrote:

>Quoting Michael Amster <mamster (AT) wnx (DOT) com>:
>
>
>
>>This is a 5.4.0 install...
>>
>>
>
>UTF-8 should not be involved with 5.4. That IS an odd one. However, I HAVE
>seen this error a great deal in 6.0. I guess something slipped through,
>perhaps.
>
>-kdf
>