PDA

View Full Version : UPnP/DLNA control app

d6jg
2015-09-22, 13:34
Simple question. Has anyone found a control app - Apple or Android - that gets anywhere close to IPeng. Orange Squeeze, squeeze pad etc etc
I have some philistine friends who are stuck with UPnP / DLNA players.

This is UPnP / DLNA control I am talking about. I am well aware of Phillipe's UPnP Bridge but that isn't appropriate here.

Incidentally Phillipe's UPnP Bridge is proof of what a shit protocol UPnP / DLNA actually is. Every single player it seems has to have a different config.

PaulinPosset
2015-09-23, 08:27
Simple question. Has anyone found a control app - Apple or Android - that gets anywhere close to IPeng. Orange Squeeze, squeeze pad etc etc
I have some philistine friends who are stuck with UPnP / DLNA players.

This is UPnP / DLNA control I am talking about. I am well aware of Phillipe's UPnP Bridge but that isn't appropriate here.

Incidentally Phillipe's UPnP Bridge is proof of what a shit protocol UPnP / DLNA actually is. Every single player it seems has to have a different config.

BubbleuPnP might be worth a look on Android, though nothing compares to using iPeng through Sq2u!

philippe_44
2015-09-25, 18:30

:) it's not that bad. There seems to have a good number of download of people I never hear about - Right, I know, they could fail for 10 mins and throw that piece of crap away ;-). What I'm missing as well is a good solution to send back configuration. That would help. I have done the right system to describe such profile very easily, but only a few people ever send me back their config