PDA

View Full Version : Players gone missing from IOS Controller

LeatherJack
2015-09-14, 14:53
Been happily using Logitech Squeezebox controller on several devices: Samsung Phones, Tablets, iPhone, iPads to control a Slim Device, couple Duets, SB Radio...

Out of blue daughter indicates she can no longer see the players on her iPhone and iPad.
Players can still be seen on Galaxy devices AND son's IPad.

Digging around into things, checking network connectivity, Squeezebox.com log in etc etc - and the only explanation I can find is my daughter has maintained iOS versions and recently went to 8.4.1. My sons iPad is still 7.x.x

Could this really be the explanation?
Anyone else with a similar experience?

I went to iStore to buy iPeng8 to see if that could see the Player, but for some reason it won't let me select it to buy. I am no Apple guru and can not work out why I can't buy it. Is it that it is now certified for the latest 8.4.1 iOS?

Any help appreciated.

pippin
2015-09-14, 15:31
I went to iStore to buy iPeng8 to see if that could see the Player, but for some reason it won't let me select it to buy. I am no Apple guru and can not work out why I can't buy it. Is it that it is now certified for the latest 8.4.1 iOS?

You have probably enabled parental controls on your daughter's devices.
iPeng contains a web browser and App that have a web browser are rated 17+ by Apple so you need to enable Apps rated 17+ on the device to use iPeng.

pippin
2015-09-14, 15:36
That said: there are a number of other typical reasons for players not being found. Do you use LMS or are your Squeezeboxes on MySqueezebox.com?
If it's the local server, are your daughter's devices on the home network?

While it looks pretty dated on new iPhones Logitech's App still works for me under iOS 8.4.1

LeatherJack
2015-09-15, 14:32
Hi Pippin - thanks for responding (and helping me out yet again!!!)

The parental controls solved the ability to select IPENG8... but I have not bought yet.

I was interested in you indicating you have IOS8 and not experienced the same problems with the Logitech's Squeezebox controller app.

New development... I can't see the players on my Samsung version of the controller any more or on the ios7 IPAD - they were there yesterday!!!!

To answer your specific questions... I have 3 players (2xduet and 1xSlim Device) connected into LMS running on a QNAP NAS. I have one radio, connected to mysqueezebox.com. The radio remains available to see on all IPADS, IPHONES and ANDRIODS.

Given the problem has now spread beyond the ios8 devices, makes me think this is a problem with LMS (version 7.7.2) or QNAP Firmware (server is notifying me of a new release). Could be time for an evening of upgrading!

Any thoughts given the additional info?

LeatherJack
2015-09-15, 15:00
Just pointed my Slim Device to mysqueezebox.com and it appears on all devices.
Dug out Duet controller - not able to connect to QNAP NAS.

Must be LMS and/or QNAP. Evening of upgrading to come in next few days I think!

pippin
2015-09-15, 16:38
Maybe just restarting the QNap might help?

LeatherJack
2015-09-23, 13:08
First thing I did Pippin. I have my QNAP shut down each night and restart each morning. Unfortunately not the answer.
I have been putting off doing the upgrades hoping it would self correct. No such luck!

Going to have to do upgrades and see what happens. Let you know out here...