PDA

View Full Version : Duet + Spotify (non premium) or Pandora

RobWalker
2015-09-11, 18:56
Hi
I'm a novice on this forum... I've had my duet for a long time, and still love it. Just discovering Spotify/Pandora internet services (mostly listen to my own music)...
I'm running LMS 7.7.2 on my computer, and everything connected via home wireless network.
Haven't upgraded any software for ages (years) because everything just 'works'...
But...

Now I can't seem to get Spotify (non-premium) or Pandora. I've looked on the mysqueezebox app list, and see that you need Spotify Premium to use that app.
Is there a (3rd party) way I can use the 'free' account with either of these services, on my duet?

I've looked through old posts, and found many references to Triode's Spotify plugin, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore...???

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

Rob

Mnyb
2015-09-11, 22:30
Triodes plugin exist look for for 3rd party spotify something innthe plugin list in LMS and you must have spotify premium .

7,7,2 is quite old btw

toby10
2015-09-12, 00:01
Spotify: premium account required (Spotify requirement)

Pandora: free account works fine (ad supported)
Just enable Pandora app on your www.MySqueezeBox.com account, enter Pandora login info, done.

Dan McInerney
2015-09-12, 05:50
Don't think Spotify will work with the Duet

garym
2015-09-12, 05:56
Don't think Spotify will work with the Duet

It will. But one must run lms with triodes 3rd party spotify plugin.

RobWalker
2015-09-13, 06:18
I managed to find the 3rd party plugin - installed it... but still needs Premium subscription to Spotify...

I can't find a Pandora app (or 3rd party related one). On my 'Active Plugins' list, there is a "Pandora v3.0" which has a tick, but I can't find the app anywhere on the player or LMS.

So, can I play (non-premium) Pandora or Spotify on my Duet???

Do I need to upgrade my version of LMS? as i said, i'm running v7.2.2 at the moment...

Thanks for your responses.

Rob

garym
2015-09-13, 06:34
I managed to find the 3rd party plugin - installed it... but still needs Premium subscription to Spotify...

I can't find a Pandora app (or 3rd party related one). On my 'Active Plugins' list, there is a "Pandora v3.0" which has a tick, but I can't find the app anywhere on the player or LMS.

So, can I play (non-premium) Pandora or Spotify on my Duet???

Do I need to upgrade my version of LMS? as i said, i'm running v7.2.2 at the moment...

Thanks for your responses.

Rob

Yes, you need the paid premium spotify to play on any squeezebox. Regarding Pandora, there are two things you need I believe. You need the plugin, which you have installed it seems, and you also need to go to mysqueezebox.com, login, then go to app gallery, then select PANDORA. Then it will show up then under "my apps". You can click on Pandora there (at mysqueezebox.com) and give it your free pandora credentials. Also on the pandora tab, click the players tab and enable pandora for all your SB players. Then Pandora should show up under "my apps" on your duet menu, along with any "stations" you've setup, etc.

bottom line: Spotify requires paid version. Pandora does not.

toby10
2015-09-13, 15:07
Spotify: premium account required (Spotify requirement)

Pandora: free account works fine (ad supported)
Just enable Pandora app on your www.MySqueezeBox.com account, enter Pandora login info, done.

RobWalker
2015-09-14, 02:27
When I login to Mysb.com I have 23 options for installing apps. Pandora is not one of them...
The ONLY place I see Pandora is on the plugins tab in LMS settings (v3.0 as noted above).

Could that be because of v7.2.2 or because it's a Duet?

Thanks heaps

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mherger
2015-09-14, 02:47
Pandora is only available in the US. Check your country settings.

RobWalker
2015-09-14, 03:54
So can I use it from Australia? Change my country settings? Or will that mess things up?
Sounds like (generally) I can't use free Pandora or Spotify in Aus...

Thanks.

Rob

toby10
2015-09-14, 04:01
Try changing it, usually works for Pandora. Won't mess anything up (other than the time displayed on player/controller will not be accurate, if you even use clock). No idea about Spotify. Tried Spotify support forums/FAQ's for Australian service?

garym
2015-09-14, 04:35
When I login to Mysb.com I have 23 options for installing apps. Pandora is not one of them...
The ONLY place I see Pandora is on the plugins tab in LMS settings (v3.0 as noted above).

Could that be because of v7.2.2 or because it's a Duet?

Thanks heaps

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pandora definitely works with duet and with 7.2.2. As michael notes, what country are you in.

RobWalker
2015-09-15, 06:34
changed the country in MySB.com... and seems to be working with my free Pandora account.

Not sure about the effect on the clock (I do use it!!) - but that's not a biggie...

Thanks heaps...

Rob