PDA

View Full Version : rebuffering every 10 s

mb2655
2015-09-07, 17:57
I have had the Duet for many years. Recently - it started rebuffering every 10 s and it is driving me crazy. I have checked the WIFI channels of my neighbors - and they are all different than mine. I have no baby monitor, no microwave, no new anything that would have started this problem. Not sure where to go from here but at the moment - Duet is totally unusable as it goes off and on every 10 s..... Have rebooted both the remote and the controller or whatever that little box is called but it still says "rebuffering" every 10 s... thanks, mb

w3wilkes
2015-09-07, 18:46
Have you tried rebooting the router. This sounds like some type wifi problem.

philippe_44
2015-09-07, 20:20
I have had the Duet for many years. Recently - it started rebuffering every 10 s and it is driving me crazy. I have checked the WIFI channels of my neighbors - and they are all different than mine. I have no baby monitor, no microwave, no new anything that would have started this problem. Not sure where to go from here but at the moment - Duet is totally unusable as it goes off and on every 10 s..... Have rebooted both the remote and the controller or whatever that little box is called but it still says "rebuffering" every 10 s... thanks, mb

Well - I had exactly the same issue a few years ago, despite nothing changed 'in theory'. In reality, something did, either my router changed channels or some new neighbours fired up something else in 2.4GHz band, you never know.

After banging my head on the wall a lot, I discovered that the duet has a manufacturing flaw where the 2 antennas are glued on the PCB at a very silly place. If you are not afraid of doing that, open the duet (4 screws under the pads, just carefully un-stick them) and then just un-stick the antenna (especially the one one the mini-PCI connector &&@!) and stick them back to the plastic frame. Use a cutter or a razor blade to un-stick them from the bottom

This is easy and I can tell you that the wifi re-buffering issue are gone on my 3 duets, for 3 years now. Before that, it was a nightmare (like a real one) that could be gone for 2 weeks then not work properly for another week, then work again ... I changed absolutely everything on the WiFi side. Signal strength was okay, but I guess signal quality (interference) was terrible

mb2655
2015-09-08, 04:46
Actually - right after I wrote the note I went and rebooted the router as well. But then - I started watching the US Open so I don't know if things have changed. If not - I'm not afraid to try opening up the box to see what's up in there. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.