PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody Unreliable recently?

FredFredrickson
2015-09-02, 19:07
For some reason, recently I can't get rhapsody to stream reliably, and definitely not synced.

It will work on the SB Touch. But I can't get it to play synced, and I can't get it to play solo on a SB Receiver.

Media Server Version: 7.7.5

Ideas?

mherger
2015-09-02, 21:17
> It will work on the SB Touch. But I can't get it to play synced, and I
> can't get it to play solo on a SB Receiver.

SB Receiver/Classic/Boom/Transporter are no longer supported. Rhapsody
changed their encryption, which now requires a SB Touch or SB Radio.

--

Michael

FredFredrickson
2015-09-03, 06:21
I guess I've been out of the loop.

Well I guess that about seals the deal for me with squeezebox. Rhapsody was my go-to.

I debated hopping on ebay and grabbing some SB Touches but it seems like it's just a matter of time before those die as well.

What are the chances we can protest in front of Logitech's headquarters and get them to bring the squeezebox line back to life. Maybe a touch 2.0 or something.

The home audio market is starting to gain traction- best buy and target both have sections dedicated to home audio now. Now is the time to strike Logitech!

Why would they buy a brand and kill it?

I don't want to buy sonos, but I don't know what the options are for syncable home audio that supports rhapsody. Any ideas?

FredFredrickson
2015-09-03, 06:37
Actually, just cancelled Rhapsody and started a spotify account. Looks like the 3rd party spotify plugin will tide me over for on-demand music. Thanks for your help.

Ikabob
2015-09-04, 03:06
So, there goes my subwoofer bass with Rhapsody. Not sure what's in the future for Sirius on SB. Don't know what I'd do without Francis Albert.
Oh well, I still love this SB ecosystem, even if a small amount of its strength is being lost.
Wouldn't it be nice if LOGITECH could/would pick up the SB line of products again?