PDA

View Full Version : volume without controller & replacement

comet2
2015-08-29, 01:10
The duet has volume settings on the controller. Once listening session is finnished this setting is remembered. If my duet controller where to break would the SB reciever be limited to the last selected volume setting.

Also do you still retain all the original controller functions when replacing it with a smart phone app. eg. internet radio

Mnyb
2015-08-29, 01:18
No you can still controll the reciever part from LMS or mysqueezebox.com web interface in including volume and you get several iOS or andriod apps that can replace the controller except for setup ( but there is a net::udap script or an andriod app for that too )

comet2
2015-08-29, 04:27
No you can still controll the reciever part from LMS or mysqueezebox.com web interface in including volume and you get several iOS or andriod apps that can replace the controller except for setup ( but there is a net::udap script or an andriod app for that too )

thank you, I take it the apps have radio too.

cheers mate

pippin
2015-08-29, 04:31
You don't even need an App, also the web interface will do to control volume

comet2
2015-08-29, 19:41
You don't even need an App, also the web interface will do to control volume

How'd one go about putting LMS on android? Would save running my pc or would I need iOS or windows

pippin
2015-08-29, 19:53
I don't know (will probably be possible), that wasn't what I meant. You can always open the web interface in a browser...

pippin
2015-08-29, 19:53
Also: is your music on the Android device? If not, why not just use MySqueezebox.com?

comet2
2015-08-29, 20:33
Also: is your music on the Android device? If not, why not just use MySqueezebox.com?
I think I get you, is the web interface mysqueezebox.com? I was under the impression you need to subscribe to mp3locker to compare to LMS.

LMS on a phone sounds as ideal vs LMS on PC + phone w/app.

From memory I'm pretty sure it's available on android but it's not as simple as iOS or windows to install.

comet2
2015-08-29, 21:58
I think I get you, is the web interface mysqueezebox.com? I was under the impression you need to subscribe to mp3locker to compare to LMS.

LMS on a phone sounds as ideal vs LMS on PC + phone w/app.

From memory I'm pretty sure it's available on android but it's not as simple as iOS or windows to install.

The web interface through mysqueezebox.com remote control link works well for radio but I still haven't figured out how to add to my favourites.

Also does the LMS have this radio function on it, I only ask as I'm new to this and Have'nt got around to installing it.

toby10
2015-08-30, 03:18
I think I get you, is the web interface mysqueezebox.com? I was under the impression you need to subscribe to mp3locker to compare to LMS...

mp3locker is out of business. Using MySB.com you have no access to your local music. If you want access to your own music library you must use LMS.
Yes, MySB.com > Control panel is web UI. LMS has a much more robust & customizable web UI.

toby10
2015-08-30, 03:20
The web interface through mysqueezebox.com remote control link works well for radio but I still haven't figured out how to add to my favourites..

Click on "heart" icon from Remote Control web UI, or manually add them via MySB.com > Favorites.

toby10
2015-08-30, 03:21
Also does the LMS have this radio function on it, I only ask as I'm new to this and Have'nt got around to installing it.

Yes, and much more.

pippin
2015-08-30, 05:32
The point is you need a server to operate the Receiver, Controller or not.
It can be LMS for your own music or MySqueezebox.com for online music.

If you were to run LMS on an Android phone all of your music would also have o be on that phone and also the server would have to permanently run which would have quite an impact on your battery life.

Wherever you run your server or which one you use, it has a web interface which you can use with a browser from any device on your network for remote control

comet2
2015-08-30, 08:50
The point is you need a server to operate the Receiver, Controller or not.
It can be LMS for your own music or MySqueezebox.com for online music.

If you were to run LMS on an Android phone all of your music would also have o be on that phone and also the server would have to permanently run which would have quite an impact on your battery life.

Wherever you run your server or which one you use, it has a web interface which you can use with a browser from any device on your network for remote control

Yeah It'x going in the lounge so I might in vest in one of those new steam devices and try to have the actual controller repaired or use my phone.
You wouldn't know what usually goes on the things and how logitech fills the warranty claims?

pippin
2015-08-30, 10:14
On which things?

comet2
2015-09-02, 19:00
On which things?
Just the duet controller is there a common fault?
Also you wouldn't happen to know the limitations of LMS in relation to all these new cheap and very appealing HTPC's running W8bing

pippin
2015-09-02, 19:05
Bingbingbing :)
Why don't you just use one of those bingthings?

Controller must have been out of warranty for a long time now, it was discontinued five years ago or so.

pippin
2015-09-03, 07:18
One thing to add WRT Windows Bing versions: are these freely available at all? I thought they are only for vendors to be pre installed on hardware.

comet2
2015-09-06, 01:33
One thing to add WRT Windows Bing versions: are these freely available at all? I thought they are only for vendors to be pre installed on hardware.

They're only available with select makes and models. They are now free to upgrade to windows 10