PDA

View Full Version : stream from a phone/mp3 player to LMS

Wolfy
2015-08-08, 11:44
Hi,
I am wondering if it was possible to play music from your phone or mp3 player to multiple squeeze players (squeezeplug).
I would want to be able to do this without having to install anything on my phone.
I would like to hook my phone or MP3 player up to my local network using a "3,5mm sound cable".
This would be done over a raspberry pi or so streaming as a my own "radio station" just telling my LMS server to listen to that stream and play it to all my squeezeplayers around my house.
Is that possible in that or in a similar way?

Julf
2015-08-08, 12:00
Hi,
I am wondering if it was possible to play music from your phone or mp3 player to multiple squeeze players (squeezeplug).
I would want to be able to do this without having to install anything on my phone.
I would like to hook my phone or MP3 player up to my local network using a "3,5mm sound cable".
This would be done over a raspberry pi or so streaming as a my own "radio station" just telling my LMS server to listen to that stream and play it to all my squeezeplayers around my house.
Is that possible in that or in a similar way?

It is possible, but not entirely trivial - basically you need to install a streamin application (such as icecast) on a raspberry pi.