PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet or Wireless

GREENY65
2015-08-05, 16:58
I'm thinking about setting my duet up to Ethernet settings instead of the wireless. Is that a better option?

philippe_44
2015-08-05, 18:11
If your wireless coverage is good, this does not make a difference. It only does something if you experience frequent dropouts due to poor wireless coverage. Even though, a simple repositioning of the antennas inside the duet is often good enough to have perfect coverage

Mnyb
2015-08-05, 19:48
Yes ethernet is more reliable naturally thats my experience . That depends ofcourse neighbours and family habbits with the wifi.

My 0,02$ wire stuff that's stationary , mobile stuff wifi.

But that said one of my Touch is still on wifi havent figured a good way to pull a cable there yet and the Radio is in my bathroom and i also hesitate to drill holes in the bathroom walls .

But most importanly use ethernet for the server that helps a lot if you have many players.

tcutting
2015-08-05, 22:33
Agree... Wired will be most reliable. Wireless is usually easiest. I added a pretty good wired infrastructure when I was doing some other home projects and most of my players are wired. A few are still wireless for convenience.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GREENY65
2015-08-06, 07:58
Thanks guys I might give the Ethernet connection ago. We have heaps of stuff wireless now and the receiver is not that far away from the router.

garym
2015-08-06, 09:23
Thanks guys I might give the Ethernet connection ago. We have heaps of stuff wireless now and the receiver is not that far away from the router.

Do note that simply plugging in the Ethernet doesn't automatically switch the receiver to Ethernet from WIFI. You have to do this in the settings.

GREENY65
2015-08-06, 16:38
Do note that simply plugging in the Ethernet doesn't automatically switch the receiver to Ethernet from WIFI. You have to do this in the settings.

Thanks Gary

w3wilkes
2015-08-09, 08:48
You will have to factory reset the receiver to get to the setting to specify what type connectivity you want (wired or wireless).

Fahzz
2015-11-01, 09:37
I connected my receiver to my router by ethernet and got it up and running this morning. However I can't get the Web GUI to work on my browser the way it used to. Does the ethernet connection cause this? Is there a workaround? Thanks.

garym
2015-11-01, 09:41
Does the ethernet connection cause this?.

No. Must be a different problem. Try webgui on a different browser (chrome, Firefox etc

Fahzz
2015-11-01, 11:51
No. Must be a different problem. Try webgui on a different browser (chrome, Firefox etc

I asked too soon. I forgot to put :9000 in the web address. All is well. Thanks.

vining
2015-11-04, 03:31
In general unless you need to be portable wired is always better.