PDA

View Full Version : PicorePlayer + internet browser

andrea.toro
2015-08-03, 08:07
Hi,

I'm Andrea from Rome, Italy and I 'm just singned on this forum hello to everybody!

A few days ago I have bought a DAC and try Logithe media Server on Windows and Picoreplayers on my raspberry PI as player.

I'm very satisfied of this solution, but I have the Server in the bedroom and the raspberry PI on the living room, very close to the TV.
It will be great to have add a browser to the picoreplayer Linux distribution and connect it to the tv by HDMI to have a very big screen with the songs played.

Has anybody tried to add components to the piCoreplayer distribution to have a minimal graphical interface and a lite web-browser?

Thanks a lot
Andrea

Julf
2015-08-03, 08:14
Instead of trying to get a very specialized setup to do things it wasn't set up to do, why not just run squeezeplayer on the standard raspian linux? That way you get X, GUI and any other extras you want.

andrea.toro
2015-08-03, 10:48
Instead of trying to get a very specialized setup to do things it wasn't set up to do, why not just run squeezeplayer on the standard raspian linux? That way you get X, GUI and any other extras you want.

Yes Julf, this is a good idea, but anyway I like two piCoreplayer features:

1. The nice web interface to manage the setting (especially the Squeezeplayer setting).
2. The fact that if I understood well, everything run on RAM without access the SD card.

I don't know if the standard Squeezelite program has the feature n.1 and I don't know how difficult is to emulate the memory file system of piCoreplayer, anyway thanks for the good tip, I can try :D

Andrea

tcutting
2015-08-03, 10:56
I believe it may be possible to run "JiveLite" along with PiCorePlayer. JiveLite is a "lite" user interface based on the Jive controller used in the Logitech hardware players (Radio, Touch, Controller). I am running JiveLite on a Raspberry Pi using the "SqueezeOnArch" implementation of Squeezlite (player) - I have a small LCD screen connected via HDMI. I would expect if you can run JiveLite with PiCorePlayer, you should be able to display using HDMI to your TV. I also am using a FLIRC dongle to allow me to control via an IR remote.

andrea.toro
2015-08-03, 12:00
I believe it may be possible to run "JiveLite" along with PiCorePlayer. JiveLite is a "lite" user interface based on the Jive controller used in the Logitech hardware players (Radio, Touch, Controller). I am running JiveLite on a Raspberry Pi using the "SqueezeOnArch" implementation of Squeezlite (player) - I have a small LCD screen connected via HDMI. I would expect if you can run JiveLite with PiCorePlayer, you should be able to display using HDMI to your TV. I also am using a FLIRC dongle to allow me to control via an IR remote.

Hi!

I have justed added Jivelite to Picoreplayer, and it works. I can control the player by my mobile andI can see the song on the tv, the only problem is that I'm not able to use a skin with higher resolution than Joggler (800x480). Do you know if this is my problem or is a Jivelite limitation?

Many thanks I'm very happy now!!

Ciao
Andrea

Phil Leigh
2015-08-12, 04:01
Sorry! I'm in Windows...

"Installation Instructions on piCorePlayer 1.19+

Copy these two files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional on the piCorePlayer sd card. There's enough free space on the default image to add the jivelite files. If you've installed other packages you might need to increase the size of the ext4 partition mmcblk0p2.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-jivelite/raw/master/jivelite.tcz

https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-jivelite/raw/master/jivelite.tcz.md5.txt

thanks
Phil
(stroke victim)

andrea.toro
2015-08-12, 04:07
Thanks a lot!

ralphy
2015-08-13, 05:21
Sorry! I'm in Windows...

"Installation Instructions on piCorePlayer 1.19+

Copy these two files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional on the piCorePlayer sd card. There's enough free space on the default image to add the jivelite files. If you've installed other packages you might need to increase the size of the ext4 partition mmcblk0p2.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-jivelite/raw/master/jivelite.tcz

https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-jivelite/raw/master/jivelite.tcz.md5.txt

thanks
Phil
(stroke victim)

The latest picoreplayer has the option to install jiveltie directly from the Tweaks page of the webgui.

If you do the manual install you need to add the following line to the end of /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst

jivelite.tcz

To start jivelite on boot add this line in one of the user command fields at the bottom of the tweaks webgui.

/opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite-sp