PDA

View Full Version : SB Classic and Radio are not identified in LMS!

skyfan75
2015-07-29, 14:40
hello everyone,
I am trying to connect my Classic & SB Radio to my NAS synology.
I notice that my SB radios are not identified in the information tab of LMS.
1) Could you please help me to find a solution for this?
2) Is there any step by step tuto/guide for the installation of NAS synology DS10j in order to listen to my flac format songs thru my SB?
Thanking you in advance,
skyfan75

Mnyb
2015-07-29, 22:33
On the SB radio go to "my music" can you select your local LMS there.

skyfan75
2015-07-30, 00:55
On the SB radio go to "my music" can you select your local LMS there.

Hi Mnyb,
I have already tried and again today. The sections Artists, Types, Years etc are all empty.
Thanks for your helps!

Man in a van
2015-07-30, 07:29
Hi Mnyb,
I have already tried and again today. The sections Artists, Types, Years etc are all empty.
Thanks for your helps!

As Mnyb +1

Keep scrolling to the bottom of the list until you see

Switch Library,

Select that and you should be able to select your local LMS to connect with the Radio (or MySqueezeboxdotcom).

atb

Ronnie.

Mnyb
2015-07-30, 08:20
As Mnyb +1

Keep scrolling to the bottom of the list until you see

Switch Library,

Select that and you should be able to select your local LMS to connect with the Radio (or MySqueezeboxdotcom).

atb

Ronnie.

Missed that , if the player can't find any library then we know that communication does not work .

Man in a van
2015-07-30, 09:05
Missed that , if the player can't find any library then we know that communication does not work .

I think we are both assuming that the LMS is installed on the Synology.

Maybe it is and maybe it's not.

The Op needs to give more information about the set up and network situation.

skyfan75
2015-07-30, 12:59
Hi everyone,
Yes! LMS is installed. SB Radio is recognized when I use the local-ip:9002 and I control the radio with this LMS. Just advise me how can I connect or upload my Flac songs (stored in NAS) to LMS.
Thanks again for having given time to my problem.
Tom

Mnyb
2015-07-30, 13:05
Hi everyone,
Yes! LMS is installed. SB Radio is recognized when I use the local-ip:9002 and I control the radio with this LMS. Just advise me how can I connect or upload my Flac songs (stored in NAS) to LMS.
Thanks again for having given time to my problem.
Tom

You go to the basic settings tab in the settings in the web-UI and browse to the folder on the NAS where the music is and then you do a scan ? provided that you have music on the NAS .

Mnyb
2015-07-30, 13:06
Note that folder path and names are for my server where they are on your nas i dont know .

skyfan75
2015-07-30, 14:06
Oh! Thank you my dear. I did and it's playing now.
I'm a beginner (but retired person) & I learn little by little.
Thanks again for your time. I used to help people in satellite forums.
It's late night in Paris. Have a good day.
Tom

Mnyb
2015-07-30, 14:15
Oh! Thank you my dear. I did and it's playing now.
I'm a beginner (but retired person) & I learn little by little.
Thanks again for your time. I used to help people in satellite forums.
It's late night in Paris. Have a good day.
Tom

Oh your new to this . Congratulations chosing this system . did you ge trough the whole setup wizard the first time you installed the server ? No worries if you did not the only other things you may need to set is your mysqueezebox.com account (LMS has a setting for that ) then your online services will integrate with the server . And it's advisable to also set your own playlist directory not only a music directory .
You can create playlist with LMS or the radio and you need to tell LMS where to store them , it's rigth under where you set you music directory . and it should not be the same as the music directory .

We have a wiki http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Main_Page

castalla
2015-07-30, 14:39
. and it should not be the same as the music directory .

Why not?

Mnyb
2015-07-30, 20:18
Why not?

Then the playlist scan can find all kinds of cue and m3u files etc scattered in the music folders .
Some versions did not even liked if the playlist and music folder where in each other's path.