PDA

View Full Version : Android Squeezebox Controller broken?

RonM
2015-07-28, 06:21
I use Squeeze Ctrl and Orange Squeeze, and hadn't fired up the Logitech Android controller app for quite some time. My son was visiting, and I suggested he get the (free) Logitech app to control music in the house. Works fine for him on his LG phone, but when I tried it on my Experia it didn't work. I recently upgraded to the latest Android, v 5.x, and wonder if that's the problem (I don't know which Android version he is using). I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, same thing -- startup hangs on the Free Your Music screen.

Just wondering.

R.

pippin
2015-07-28, 08:02
The problem is that the Logitech App is not compatible with the new Chromium browser engine in Android 5

RonM
2015-07-28, 09:32
The problem is that the Logitech App is not compatible with the new Chromium browser engine in Android 5

I thought that it might be the problem. Thanks.

bluegroper
2015-07-29, 04:02
Yes, its a very sad outcome. The other apps just don't cut it like the Logitech original.

pippin
2015-07-29, 06:02
Yes, its a very sad outcome. The other apps just don't cut it like the Logitech original.

I don't think that's true. There are very good 3rd party Apps, some much better than Logitech's WebApp. Logitech did an impressive job with that one but you just don't get the same performance out of the WebApp as with a native one.

RonM
2015-07-31, 13:28

I detect sarcasm, since both SqueezeCntrl and Orange Squeeze are superior to the Controller app. Just not free.

R