PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 & Lms

Sinkdrain
2015-07-27, 10:58
Has anyone trying out windows 10 ran into any troubles with logitech media services? I'm not installing until I feel OK about my squeezeboxes working with Windows 10.

(Edit... Sorry, i missed the thread below. Ignore this question)

crisp
2015-07-31, 06:54
I installed Windows 10 yesterday. LMS is running and accessing my library. But the Web Control cannot find my Touch.
And the Touch cannot connect to the library. I did a Network Health Diagnostic, which says Ping to the library IS NOT OK.
I tried to reboot the Touch, but that doesn't work. So I need HELP!

toby10
2015-07-31, 07:10
Make sure LMS is running as Administrator on Windows. Also check LMS Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's.

kidstypike
2015-07-31, 08:53
Has anyone trying out windows 10 ran into any troubles with logitech media services? I'm not installing until I feel OK about my squeezeboxes working with Windows 10.

(Edit... Sorry, i missed the thread below. Ignore this question)

Got the Win 10 update on the 29th, just noticed LMS is not running, trying to start Web Control, splash screen shows but nothing else happens. Installed latest Win 7.9 nightly, won't start, turned Windows firewall off, no difference.

I don't use LMS on my Win laptop anymore, so not really of any consequence, just a heads up to others that they may run into problems.

crisp
2015-07-31, 09:00
Make sure LMS is running as Administrator on Windows. Also check LMS Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's.

Thank you for the quick response, but no luck
I have User Status as Administrator, even though I still get those red lines in the LMS Control Panel
Everything in Control Panel > Diagnostic look OK, LMS Running, IP 192.168.1.2, Ports all OK, Ping OK

So I installed LMS on an identical PC on the same network, but still running Windows 8.1. And everything works fine on Windows 8.1, the Touch can access the library on that PC and play.
But if I try on the Touch to switch the Library to the Windows 10 PC, it doesn't connect.

Both PCs are running LMS 7.7.5, the Control Panel > Diagnostics are identical on both PCs (except IP), the Control Panel > Information on the Windows 10 PC is saying the Operating System is Windows 8, probably not significant, BUT Total Players Recognized:0, while one player is recognized on the Windows 8.1 PC.

verypsb
2015-07-31, 10:16
No problems on Windows 10 (LMS 7.9)

kidstypike
2015-08-01, 02:13
Got the Win 10 update on the 29th, just noticed LMS is not running, trying to start Web Control, splash screen shows but nothing else happens. Installed latest Win 7.9 nightly, won't start, turned Windows firewall off, no difference.

I don't use LMS on my Win laptop anymore, so not really of any consequence, just a heads up to others that they may run into problems.

Update:

I uninstalled LMS completely, rebooted, ran a registry cleaner, re-installed latest (todays) 7.9, still won't start.
Turned windows firewall off, uninstalled antivirus, rebooted, re-installed LMS, won't start, 2 or three flashes of the tray icon, no dos box like you usually see.

Thats it - fuck it.

verypsb
2015-08-01, 03:30
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?102027-Is-there-a-secret-to-running-LMS-in-Windows-8&p=788927&viewfull=1#post788927

crisp
2015-08-02, 06:40
Thank you for the quick response, but no luck
I have User Status as Administrator, even though I still get those red lines in the LMS Control Panel
Everything in Control Panel > Diagnostic look OK, LMS Running, IP 192.168.1.2, Ports all OK, Ping OK

So I installed LMS on an identical PC on the same network, but still running Windows 8.1. And everything works fine on Windows 8.1, the Touch can access the library on that PC and play.
But if I try on the Touch to switch the Library to the Windows 10 PC, it doesn't connect.

Both PCs are running LMS 7.7.5, the Control Panel > Diagnostics are identical on both PCs (except IP), the Control Panel > Information on the Windows 10 PC is saying the Operating System is Windows 8, probably not significant, BUT Total Players Recognized:0, while one player is recognized on the Windows 8.1 PC.

So I upgraded LMS to 7.9 and the Touch got an update too. And I am running as Administrator, thanks. Now everything works on Windows 10. Is the conclusion that the official LMS 7.7.5 is incompatible with Windows 10? Or did something else happen.

dasmueller
2015-08-02, 09:35
and I run 7.7.4 wonder how it would play w that.

callesoroe
2015-08-02, 15:45
Just curious. I have not installed Windows 10 yet, but are you using the new browser "Edge" or some other ???

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 00:10
Just curious. I have not installed Windows 10 yet, but are you using the new browser "Edge" or some other ???

LMS won't start for me whether I set either Chrome or Edge as the default browser.

mherger
2015-08-03, 00:16
> LMS won't start for me whether I set either Chrome or Edge as the
> default browser.

Did you (re-)install LMS after the Windows update? Anything in Windows'
event log?

--

Michael

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 00:41
> LMS won't start for me whether I set either Chrome or Edge as the
> default browser.

Did you (re-)install LMS after the Windows update? Anything in Windows'
event log?

--

Michael

I uninstalled LMS completely, rebooted, ran a registry cleaner, re-installed latest (todays) 7.9, still won't start.
Turned windows firewall off, uninstalled antivirus, rebooted, re-installed LMS, won't start, 2 or three flashes of the tray icon, no dos box like you usually see.

Event Log from trying to start LMS:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Undefined subroutine &main::main called at slimserver.pl line 129.

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

mherger
2015-08-03, 03:59
> I uninstalled LMS completely, rebooted, ran a registry cleaner,
> re-installed latest (todays) 7.9, still won't start.
> Turned windows firewall off, uninstalled antivirus, rebooted,
> re-installed LMS, won't start, 2 or three flashes of the tray icon, no
> dos box like you usually see.

Could you please run SqueezeSvr.exe from the command line? It might give
us some more information about why it fails.

--

Michael

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 05:12
> I uninstalled LMS completely, rebooted, ran a registry cleaner,
> re-installed latest (todays) 7.9, still won't start.
> Turned windows firewall off, uninstalled antivirus, rebooted,
> re-installed LMS, won't start, 2 or three flashes of the tray icon, no
> dos box like you usually see.

Could you please run SqueezeSvr.exe from the command line? It might give
us some more information about why it fails.

--

Michael

Exactly the same, no additional info.

mherger
2015-08-03, 05:19
>> Could you please run SqueezeSvr.exe from the command line? It might give
>> us some more information about why it fails.
>
> Exactly the same, no additional info.

Please copy/paste. Thanks.

--

Michael

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 05:41
>> Could you please run SqueezeSvr.exe from the command line? It might give
>> us some more information about why it fails.
>
> Exactly the same, no additional info.

Please copy/paste. Thanks.

--

Michael

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Undefined subroutine &main::main called at slimserver.pl line 129.

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

mherger
2015-08-03, 05:50
But that's not what would be printed to the command window, is it?!?

> Am 03.08.2015 um 14:41 schrieb kidstypike <kidstypike.711tnz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:
>
>
> mherger wrote:
>>>> Could you please run SqueezeSvr.exe from the command line? It might
>> give
>>>> us some more information about why it fails.
>>>
>>> Exactly the same, no additional info.
>>
>> Please copy/paste. Thanks.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Michael
>
> The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found.
> Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your
> local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or
> repair the component on the local computer.
>
>
> If the event originated on another computer, the display information had
> to be saved with the event.
>
>
> The following information was included with the event:
>
>
> Undefined subroutine &main::main called at slimserver.pl line 129.
>
>
>
>
> the message resource is present but the message is not found in the
> string/message table
>
>
>
> kidstypike
> 1 x SB3 - 1 x Boom - 1 x (Squeezebox) Radio - 2 x Touch - 2 x
> piCorePlayer
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> kidstypike's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10436
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=104042
>
>

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 06:03
But that's not what would be printed to the command window, is it?!?
>

Michael

You may need to get someone else to help debug this, I'm not comfortable with command line.

I open the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\Server, hold down Shift > right click > Open command prompt here > type >start SqueezeSvr.exe > press enter, a Dos window opens and disappears immediately.

mherger
2015-08-03, 10:40
>
> I open the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\Server, hold down
> Shift > right click > Open command prompt here > type >start
> SqueezeSvr.exe > press enter, a Dos window opens and disappears
> immediately.

In that black hole, just type

SqueezeSvr.exe --d_startup

(no start, as this would not run the command inside the DOS windows.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=104069 - has the same report, and more information. It looks as if LMS didn't find some of its libraries on some system.

What antivirus product are you using? Did you check its logs whether it's blocking LMS executables from extracting libraries?

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 10:52
>
> I open the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\Server, hold down
> Shift > right click > Open command prompt here > type >start
> SqueezeSvr.exe > press enter, a Dos window opens and disappears
> immediately.

In that black hole, just type

SqueezeSvr.exe --d_startup

(no start, as this would not run the command inside the DOS windows.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=104069 - has the same report, and more information. It looks as if LMS didn't find some of its libraries on some system.

What antivirus product are you using? Did you check its logs whether it's blocking LMS executables from extracting libraries?

Like this?

mherger
2015-08-03, 12:21
> Like this?

Yes. Unfortunately this is only the last few lines of all the output.
Can you increase the buffer of the DOS window to capture more of it?

What about the antivirus question?

--

Michael

aweitzner
2015-08-03, 13:07
I'm running 7.8.0 - r1395409907 with Windows 10. It came up fine, right after I started the Control Panel as Admin and set Auto run at System Start using my login credentials

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 14:49
> Like this?

Yes. Unfortunately this is only the last few lines of all the output.
Can you increase the buffer of the DOS window to capture more of it?

What about the antivirus question?

--

Michael

Antivirus - AVG free, I've uninstalled it now, and disabled Windows Defender, installed latest nightly 7.9, won't start, how do I increase buffer size of DOS window?

kidstypike
2015-08-03, 15:08
Antivirus - AVG free, I've uninstalled it now, and disabled Windows Defender, installed latest nightly 7.9, won't start, how do I increase buffer size of DOS window?

OK found it.

kidstypike
2015-08-04, 00:38
Michael contents of Temp folder:

boun01
2015-08-04, 06:41

LMS works well with windows 10 on my 5 years old Dell Studio XPS 8100. But I have to use Edge as default browser. With Chrome, the web controller and settings buttons in LMS don't work.

nyindieguy
2015-08-06, 13:14
I know this is lightly off topic, but I'm wondering if any of you have had any luck using Squeezeplay with Windows 10. I upgraded one of my computers and can't get it to talk to my LMS. My other computers (on Windows 8.1) work fine. I get the message "We couldn't connect to Your Music. Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to your local network, and that Logitech Media Server is running." All those things are true. Thank for any help.

--Ira

Man in a van
2015-08-06, 13:33

Do you really need to run both AVG and WinDef.

I would have thought this might cause conflict.

Ronnie.

kidstypike
2015-08-06, 13:40
Do you really need to run both AVG and WinDef.

I would have thought this might cause conflict.

Ronnie.

No, uninstalled AVG and immediately Win Defender rears up and demands to be switched on, I probably should've said "made sure Win Defender was disabled".