PDA

View Full Version : SV: SV: AudioFeast plugin feedback



Tore Johnsson
2004-12-10, 05:02
Thanks for your answer
I wonder if nr 1 and 2 are the same slimserver or what´s the difference.
Tore

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Michael Herger
Skickat: den 10 december 2004 10:39
Till: Slim Devices Discussion
Ämne: SV: [slim] AudioFeast plugin feedback

> I found that there are 3 different downloads of Slimserver 2004-12-09

It's 2004-12-10 right now :-).

> 1. http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/SlimServer_v2004-12-09/
>
> 2 http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/5.4.1
>
> 3. http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.0
>
> What differences are they between this 3 alternatives?
> Which one is the “safest” to use?

Safest will be whatever you find the latest/5.4.1 folder.

The 6.0 folder contains latest development release. Not for the faint
hearted, not really stable.

Michael


>
> Which one do you recommend?
>
> Kind Regards
> Tore Johnsson
>
>
> -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
> Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Jim
> Skickat: den 10 december 2004 03:01
> Till: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> Ämne: [slim] AudioFeast plugin feedback
>
> Ok Roger, let's take another look. The plugin DOES WORK, I'm listening
> right now, so we just need to figure out what's different.
> When last we left off, it looked like Slim::Music::Info::isURL() didn't
> understand the idea of the live365 playlist handler.
>
> On the assumption that that's been fixed, get the latest version of
> Slimserver, run it with --d_plugins, and try to tune to a Live365
> station. Please send everything after the "Logging in" message until a
> few seconds after it fails to play.
>
> Also, and I apologize if I've already asked this, can you please post
> details about the system Slimserver is running on and your internet
> connection?
>
> Cheers,
> Jim
>
>
> Roger Mitchell wrote:
>> Never mind Audiofeast - It would be really good if someone could get
> Live365
>> to work. There are still lots of us that can't use it because it just
> won't
>> work! I still get "Stopped" a few seconds after I try to connect to any
>> Live365 channel yet all the other web radio services work fine.
>>
>> Is there nay update on this problem please?
>>
>> Regards
>> Roger
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Vidur
>> Apparao
>> Sent: 09 December 2004 15:53
>> To: Slim Devices Discussion
>> Subject: [slim] AudioFeast plugin feedback
>>
>>
>> A beta version of a SlimServer plugin that integrates the AudioFeast
> service
>> was released at the same time as SlimServer 5.4.0. Information about the
>> plugin can be found at http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_audiofeast.html.
>> For
>> now, the service and the plugin are available only on Windows.
>>
>> We'd like to get some feedback regarding the plugin. If you've had a
> chance
>> to download and install the plugin, please post feedback to the discuss
> list
>> or send mail to audiofeast (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com. If you haven't yet tried the
>> plugin, please consider doing so. :-)
>>
>>
>>
>>

mherger
2004-12-10, 05:55
> Thanks for your answer
> I wonder if nr 1 and 2 are the same slimserver or what´s the difference.

I'd say nr. 1 is the same as nr.3. 2 corresponds to the
nightly/SlimServer_v5.4.xyz

Michael

> Tore
>
> -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
> Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Michael Herger
> Skickat: den 10 december 2004 10:39
> Till: Slim Devices Discussion
> Ämne: SV: [slim] AudioFeast plugin feedback
>
>> I found that there are 3 different downloads of Slimserver 2004-12-09
>
> It's 2004-12-10 right now :-).
>
>> 1. http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/SlimServer_v2004-12-09/
>>
>> 2 http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/5.4.1
>>
>> 3. http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.0
>>
>> What differences are they between this 3 alternatives?
>> Which one is the ?safest? to use?
>
> Safest will be whatever you find the latest/5.4.1 folder.
>
> The 6.0 folder contains latest development release. Not for the faint
> hearted, not really stable.
>
> Michael
>
>
>>
>> Which one do you recommend?
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Tore Johnsson
>>
>>
>> -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
>> Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Jim
>> Skickat: den 10 december 2004 03:01
>> Till: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>> Ämne: [slim] AudioFeast plugin feedback
>>
>> Ok Roger, let's take another look. The plugin DOES WORK, I'm listening
>> right now, so we just need to figure out what's different.
>> When last we left off, it looked like Slim::Music::Info::isURL() didn't
>> understand the idea of the live365 playlist handler.
>>
>> On the assumption that that's been fixed, get the latest version of
>> Slimserver, run it with --d_plugins, and try to tune to a Live365
>> station. Please send everything after the "Logging in" message until a
>> few seconds after it fails to play.
>>
>> Also, and I apologize if I've already asked this, can you please post
>> details about the system Slimserver is running on and your internet
>> connection?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jim
>>
>>
>> Roger Mitchell wrote:
>>> Never mind Audiofeast - It would be really good if someone could get
>> Live365
>>> to work. There are still lots of us that can't use it because it just
>> won't
>>> work! I still get "Stopped" a few seconds after I try to connect to any
>>> Live365 channel yet all the other web radio services work fine.
>>>
>>> Is there nay update on this problem please?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Roger
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>>> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Vidur
>>> Apparao
>>> Sent: 09 December 2004 15:53
>>> To: Slim Devices Discussion
>>> Subject: [slim] AudioFeast plugin feedback
>>>
>>>
>>> A beta version of a SlimServer plugin that integrates the AudioFeast
>> service
>>> was released at the same time as SlimServer 5.4.0. Information about
>>> the
>>> plugin can be found at http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_audiofeast.html.
>>> For
>>> now, the service and the plugin are available only on Windows.
>>>
>>> We'd like to get some feedback regarding the plugin. If you've had a
>> chance
>>> to download and install the plugin, please post feedback to the discuss
>> list
>>> or send mail to audiofeast (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com. If you haven't yet tried
>>> the
>>> plugin, please consider doing so. :-)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>