PDA

View Full Version : Walk with me

SlimChances
2015-05-31, 09:01
Likely a dumb question.I notice this curiosity on my LMS web page "Music,Walk with me". Is this a new feature? What does it do ? Music is my directory that LMS points to

get.amped
2015-05-31, 10:11
Looks like a new M. Herger plugin:

"Continue your listening on a different player - easily"

SlimChances
2015-05-31, 10:20
Looks like a new M. Herger plugin:

"Continue your listening on a different player - easily"

;)

EDIT: tried it with two players and it worked great. Thanks Michael

kidstypike
2015-05-31, 10:55
;)

Problem for me is when changing players using an app (Squeeze Control in my case), it works fine, but you are no longer controlling the player you're now listening to, you need to remember to switch players in the app. :confused:

MeSue
2015-05-31, 11:50
Problem for me is when changing players using an app (Squeeze Control in my case), it works fine, but you are no longer controlling the player you're now listening to, you need to remember to switch players in the app. :confused:
If you have the latest iPeng you can do this without the plugin, and it does switch control to that player, while turning off the player you are leaving. My only problem is that I sometimes have trouble with the swipe gesture.

kidstypike
2015-05-31, 12:00
If you have the latest iPeng you can do this without the plugin, and it does switch control to that player, while turning off the player you are leaving. My only problem is that I sometimes have trouble with the swipe gesture.

Yes, there's another plugin that works okay for me (Android only), that's "Switch player", switches your playlist to another player and switches control to the player you've moved to.

Otto-Wilhelm
2015-06-01, 13:32
;)

Does this work with LMS 7.9.0? Apparently not. I can not find a corresponding item in the menue structure of LMS in the browser interface.

kidstypike
2015-06-01, 13:40
Does this work with LMS 7.9.0? Apparently not. I can not find a corresponding item in the menue structure of LMS in the browser interface.

Have you installed the "Music Walk With Me" plugin?
When installed, item should appear under "My Apps".

Otto-Wilhelm
2015-06-01, 13:50
Have you installed the "Music Walk With Me" plugin?
When installed, item should appear under "My Apps".

Found it, thank you!

bidule
2016-01-14, 06:37
Hello,

Is there a CLI command to do the same thing ?

Is ther somewhere a documentation with all the CLI commands that are available ?

Jean

mherger
2016-01-14, 07:21
> Is there a CLI command to do the same thing ?

This plugin basically is a UI to the CLI's "sync" command.

> Is ther somewhere a documentation with all the CLI commands that are
> available ?

It's available from the LMS web UI:

http://localhost:9000/html/docs/cli-api.html

--

Michael

pippin
2016-01-14, 08:57
Hello,

Is there a CLI command to do the same thing ?

Is ther somewhere a documentation with all the CLI commands that are available ?

Jean

In iPeng I sync the new player and then unsync the old one. This usually works fine, you just have to give it some additional thought when handling groups of players and IIRC there were some issues on MySqueezebox.com.
At least on LMS you don't have to stop the player leaving the group because it won't continue to play.
It's actually quite simple.

bidule
2016-01-16, 10:38
Thank you to both of you

johtem
2016-02-24, 14:22
What is the difference between this plugin and 'Switch Player' made by Triode?

karlek
2016-02-24, 14:37
Walk With me can be called out of the context menu and allows syncing or switching.

fructose
2016-02-27, 00:59
wonderful

Mnyb
2016-02-27, 01:48
An deprecated alternative is "other player" but it sno longer mantalet by anyone i think ? It fetches or sends the now playing playlist between players

pippin
2016-02-27, 02:52
And if you use iPeng 9 you don't need a plugin at all and can use it with MySB as well :)
But WalkWithMe is a good and pretty simple plugin, no reason not to use it. That said: the functionality is so simple I'm not sure I would care about deprecation.

mherger
2016-02-27, 03:19
> And if you use iPeng 9 you don't need a plugin at all and can use it
> with MySB as well :)

Well, my kids don't have iThingies. But they can handle a context menu :-P

--

Michael

scala
2016-09-26, 07:43
Hi
I don't know if this is the right place for requesting more features...
Music Walk With Me is great, but I often find myself going to another room and only then to realize that I left the music playing behind me.
It would be great to have a function like "grab music from another player and shut it off", if feasible, so that I don't have to always walk back again to the previous room to send forward the music...!

reinholdk
2016-09-27, 03:46
It would be great to have a function like "grab music from another player and shut it off", if feasible, so that I don't have to always walk back again to the previous room to send forward the music...!

You can use the Switch Player plugin for this. It can send or grab the music to/from another player.

rkrug
2016-09-27, 03:55
reinholdk <reinholdk.7mpb1z (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> writes:

> scala wrote:
>> It would be great to have a function like "grab music from another
>> player and shut it off", if feasible, so that I don't have to always
>> walk back again to the previous room to send forward the music...!
>
> You can use the Switch Player plugin for this. It can send or grab the
> music to/from another player.

I might be missing something here, but when I use Walk with me, it gives
me two options:

1) Continue playback on PLAYER_1, stop PLAYER_2
2) Sync to PLAYER_1

Isn't the first one you are looking for?

Rainer

>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> reinholdk's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=36070
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=103738
>
>

scala
2016-09-28, 02:13
You can use the Switch Player plugin for this. It can send or grab the music to/from another player.

Thank you for the suggestion, I was using it in the past but I had sometimes random issues with it. Don't remember precisely now, but I think it was related to modifications of playlists transferred to another player.

I might be missing something here, but when I use Walk with me, it gives
me two options:

1) Continue playback on PLAYER_1, stop PLAYER_2
2) Sync to PLAYER_1

Isn't the first one you are looking for?

Yes, but the operation can be performed only from player_2. I want to perform it from player_1.

slartibartfast
2016-09-28, 02:14
I have had Switch Player installed for years and didn't realise you could grab music from another player. I assumed that the switch had to be initiated on the "playing" device. Sure enough just tried it out and it works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

slartibartfast
2016-09-28, 02:26
Thank you for the suggestion, I was using it in the past but I had sometimes random issues with it. Don't remember precisely now, but I think it was related to modifications of playlists transferred to another player.

Yes, but the operation can be performed only from player_2. I want to perform it from player_1.
If I remember correctly if you switch a random mix playlist using Switch Player only the tracks currently in the playlist will be transferred and the playlist will not continue beyond the last track. Does Walk With Me work correctly in this instance?

pippin
2016-09-28, 04:07
Yes, it should. I think it syncs and unsyncs, at least that's what I do in the quick switch feature in iPeng and that will transfer the whole state, not just the tracks.

mherger
2016-09-28, 04:29
> Yes, it should. I think it syncs and unsyncs, at least that's what I do
> in the quick switch feature in iPeng and that will transfer the whole
> state, not just the tracks.

Yes, that's what the plugin is doing, too.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2016-09-28, 07:27
> Yes, it should. I think it syncs and unsyncs, at least that's what I do
> in the quick switch feature in iPeng and that will transfer the whole
> state, not just the tracks.

Yes, that's what the plugin is doing, too.

--

Michael
I have installed Music Walk With Me to try this out and after switching a random mix between players playback stops after the tenth song. I assume this is not meant to happen.

reinholdk
2016-09-29, 03:55
If I remember correctly if you switch a random mix playlist using Switch Player only the tracks currently in the playlist will be transferred and the playlist will not continue beyond the last track.

Lucky me. Being an old-fashioned album listener I never felt the need to add some randomness to a playlist.
Ever since the first CD players capable of shuffling tracks came out some decades ago I had no use for this feature. I always accepted the order given to the tracks by the artist or the record company as being enough random for me. :)

scala
2016-09-29, 13:37
I have installed Music Walk With Me to try this out and after switching a random mix between players playback stops after the tenth song. I assume this is not meant to happen.
In fact, I have exactly the same problem

Lucky me. Being an old-fashioned album listener I never felt the need to add some randomness to a playlist.
Ever since the first CD players capable of shuffling tracks came out some decades ago I had no use for this feature. I always accepted the order given to the tracks by the artist or the record company as being enough random for me. :)
I was like you. But when you start to grow a very large collection of "liquid" records, starting a random mix from time to time is a refreshing re-discovery. Sometimes I find myself thinking: what music is this? Nice! I have good taste! :cool:

Mnyb
2016-09-29, 23:48
Hi

The "other players" plugin did this , but it's not maintained and is very likely broken .

But why walk back to the other room, use a phone or tablet as remote ? Then walk with me becomes more useful if you forget to forward the playlist ahead of you .

mherger
2016-10-06, 00:24
> I have installed Music Walk With Me to try this out and after switching
> a random mix between players playback stops after the tenth song. I
> assume this is not meant to happen.

I looked into this, and unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than I
thought. I can do something to mimic the behaviour of transferring the
random play mode to the other player. But it would eg. not transfer the
list of played tracks etc. without some changes to the RandomPlay plugin.

--

Michael

scala
2016-10-07, 10:43
Thank you Michael for your constant support!
Coming back to my earlier question, would it be feasible to implement in MWWM a "grab playlist and shut down" feature?

mherger
2016-10-07, 11:57
> Thank you Michael for your constant support!
> Coming back to my earlier question, would it be feasible to implement in
> MWWM a "grab playlist and shut down" feature?

The "grab playlist from other player"? I just released this yesterday. I thought. Didn't you get an update?

--

Michael

scala
2016-10-09, 12:49
The "grab playlist from other player"? I just released this yesterday. I thought. Didn't you get an update?

Sorry, I did not hope that you could code the upgrade so quickly. It's there and works like a charm!
Thank you a lot, Michael!