PDA

View Full Version : Last.fm Radio Defunct?

MeSue
2015-05-27, 12:05
Is there any reason to keep the Last.fm Radio plugin installed on my LMS? Does it have anything to do with scrobbling or looking up artist information?

I used to subscribe to Last.FM for a month or two now and then but I haven't in a while... do they even have Radio anymore?

Mnyb
2015-05-27, 14:45
they are owned by spotify now . I think they still have the scrobbling but not much else to offer .

MeSue
2015-05-27, 15:11
they are owned by spotify now . I think they still have the scrobbling but not much else to offer .

But scrobbling is handled by a separate plugin, so I should be safe removing the Radio one. Just making sure...

garym
2015-05-27, 15:47
But scrobbling is handled by a separate plugin, so I should be safe removing the Radio one. Just making sure...

I have only the scrobbler plugin installed and it works well (the scrobbling that is). No need for the other last.fm plugin.

mherger
2015-05-27, 21:09
> I have only the scrobbler plugin installed and it works well (the
> scrobbling that is). No need for the other last.fm plugin.

Yeah, that's another one we could remove...

--

Michael

slimfast
2015-05-31, 03:17
Last.fm was a completely awesome service. Not only great to listen to, also absolutely fantastic for discovering new music.

Slowly throttled to death by ever more restrictive demands from the rights holders.