PDA

View Full Version : Boom, Duet, SB2, and more for sale (or trade for Touch)

MeSue
2015-05-23, 18:21
New thread because I can't edit the title of the other one I started.

I have the following players no longer being used...

1 Black Squeezebox 2 (with remote) - the rubberized finish became sticky when it was stored but I was able to remove the sticky coating and get it nice looking again using rubbing alcohol and mineral oil. I have tested it and everything still works fine. Screen is great... no dead pixels.
1 Boom (has remote) - a little scuffed up on bottom, but otherwise good.
1 Duet (controller and receiver) - great condition, but controller needs a new battery to be used out of cradle for more than a few minutes.
1 official Boom mounting bracket with all hardware and instructions. Very rare! :D
1 extra mounting bracket for Boom built by my hubby (even more rare!). This one has a knob for easy removal if you want to take the Boom off the mount. The Logitech mount requires tools to remove so it's more permanent.
Everything has original power adapters.

I'd like to either sell or trade for a Touch some or all of the above.

Make offer for all or some. They would ship from Florida zip 32134. Happy to provide pictures or whatever. PM me if interested.

JJZolx
2015-05-24, 23:43
OT, but... Can you explain how you used the rubbing alcohol and mineral oil to remove the sticky rubber coating from the SB2? I've heard of using isopropyl alcohol, but wonder how the mineral oil was used.

MeSue
2015-05-25, 08:15
OT, but... Can you explain how you used the rubbing alcohol and mineral oil to remove the sticky rubber coating from the SB2? I've heard of using isopropyl alcohol, but wonder how the mineral oil was used.

Sure! The alcohol removed the sticky goop, but it left the finish dull and chalky matte. After using the alcohol, I coated all the plastic with the mineral oil, let it soak in a bit, and then wiped it down to get it looking pretty again. It just takes away that chalky look.

garym
2015-05-25, 08:17
Sure! The alcohol removed the sticky goop, but it left the finish dull and chalky matte. After using the alcohol, I coated all the plastic with the mineral oil, let it soak in a bit, and then wiped it down to get it looking pretty again. It just takes away that chalky look.

i wonder if this approach works on the Boom. Both of mine have the sticky affliction.

MeSue
2015-05-25, 16:48
i wonder if this approach works on the Boom. Both of mine have the sticky affliction.

Can anything make it worse than that sticky black mess? I don't know if its as bad on the Boom, but with the SB2 it got on everything that came near it. And if you try it, you will want some durable but disposable towels. Paper towels just shredded, so I used some disposable wipes.

garym
2015-05-25, 18:17
Can anything make it worse than that sticky black mess? I don't know if its as bad on the Boom, but with the SB2 it got on everything that came near it. And if you try it, you will want some durable but disposable towels. Paper towels just shredded, so I used some disposable wipes.

Good point. I'll give it a go.

JJZolx
2015-05-25, 21:07
Worst comes to worst, you can always spray paint it like you would a model car. I have two of the silver SB2s. Always wanted an orange one.

http://www.tomsnetworking.de/typo3temp/pics/s_2b63b661bf.jpg

MeSue
2015-05-26, 06:47
Worst comes to worst, you can always spray paint it like you would a model car. I have two of the silver SB2s. Always wanted an orange one.

http://www.tomsnetworking.de/typo3temp/pics/s_2b63b661bf.jpg

The orange looks coooooool!

MeSue
2015-05-30, 07:04
Bump.

How about $300 plus shipping for everything and I will go ahead and include a brand new controller battery.

I also have my old HP MediaSmart EX470 server, which I can get clean installed with a system drive and will include that for another $100. Small footprint and will have three empty drive bays ready for your music files.

This is would make a great three-room startup system for someone!

Or make me an offer.

New thread because I can't edit the title of the other one I started.

I have the following players no longer being used...

1 Black Squeezebox 2 (with remote) - the rubberized finish became sticky when it was stored but I was able to remove the sticky coating and get it nice looking again using rubbing alcohol and mineral oil. I have tested it and everything still works fine. Screen is great... no dead pixels.
1 Boom (has remote) - a little scuffed up on bottom, but otherwise good.
1 Duet (controller and receiver) - great condition, but controller needs a new battery to be used out of cradle for more than a few minutes.
1 official Boom mounting bracket with all hardware and instructions. Very rare! :D
1 extra mounting bracket for Boom built by my hubby (even more rare!). This one has a knob for easy removal if you want to take the Boom off the mount. The Logitech mount requires tools to remove so it's more permanent.
Everything has original power adapters.

I'd like to either sell or trade for a Touch some or all of the above.

Make offer for all or some. They would ship from Florida zip 32134. Happy to provide pictures or whatever. PM me if interested.

MeSue
2015-05-30, 19:58
The Squeezebox 2 has been sold.

I would do $250 for Duet and Boom combined and $100 on the HP MediaSmart server. Plus actual shipping cost. Or hit me with an offer.

MeSue
2015-06-02, 11:44
Happy to report that everything has been sold within the community.

I'm still interested in picking up another SBTouch, but not in any hurry so I can wait for the right deal to come along.

Rock on!