PDA

View Full Version : No Rhapsody sound + Spotify unable to play file type

ecalcott
2015-05-10, 13:25
Hi - Longtime user of the duet who, for the most part, has had no issues for years streaming radio and rhapsody from mysqueezebox.com. (I usually leave my computer off.)

As I have discovered recently, rhapsody changed something and I'll never again be able to use their service with the duet. So, I cancelled that service and subscribed to spotify premium.

However, anything Spotify I try to play through the Duet controller, the squeezebox app, or squeezepad app returns the error "unable to play filetype". Arg!

So, can anyone advise me how to get Spotify (or other demand service) to work through the online process? If not possible, do i need then to have my computer and LMS on all the time to make spotify to work?

thanks in advance,
erik

garym
2015-05-10, 14:09
Hi - Longtime user of the duet who, for the most part, has had no issues for years streaming radio and rhapsody from mysqueezebox.com. (I usually leave my computer off.)

As I have discovered recently, rhapsody changed something and I'll never again be able to use their service with the duet. So, I cancelled that service and subscribed to spotify premium.

However, anything Spotify I try to play through the Duet controller, the squeezebox app, or squeezepad app returns the error "unable to play filetype". Arg!

So, can anyone advise me how to get Spotify (or other demand service) to work through the online process? If not possible, do i need then to have my computer and LMS on all the time to make spotify to work?

thanks in advance,
erik

Requires lms running with the 3rd party Spotify plugin.

ecalcott
2015-05-11, 21:19
Requires lms running with the 3rd party Spotify plugin.

thanks gary. i guess i had to go with plan B - but at least it all works now.

RSJ
2015-05-15, 01:43
I have the 3rd party plugin active on my LMS running on an older Netgear NAS. I can pull up my Spotify account, select some music, hit play and see the album art but I can't h hear anything. In the settings for the plugin it says the helper app isn't working and that I need to be running it on an intel/amd or arm based processor. Does this mean I'll have to dig up an old computer and forget using my Netgear NAS?

toby10
2015-05-15, 03:22
..... need to be running it on an intel/amd or arm based processor. Does this mean I'll have to dig up an old computer and forget using my Netgear NAS?

Correct. Or an updated NAS with proper/acceptable CPU.

RSJ
2015-05-15, 21:50
Argh! We couldn't I just continue in my happy, blissful utopia of Rhapsody and Squeezebox harmony.