PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Squeezebox suddenly says "Problem Connecting" and never connects

howardbc
2015-04-29, 17:41
I've had my Logitech Squeezebox since 2011. It's always worked pretty well but a few days ago it suddenly wouldn't open/play. I get the message "Problem Connecting." I've tried reconnecting several times. My PC and router are working fine. No changes. No added software that could affect the radio. I've had Windows 8.1 for a long time. I have the same Cisco router I've had for years.

I wondered if Logitech or the service it uses had gone out of business or something. I sure would appreciate any help. I've tried unplugging the radio, waiting, and plugging it back in, but no good. I'm computer-literate but not a geek so would appreciate simple step-by-step instructions if possible.

I bought several C.Crane WiFi Internet radios many years ago and most of them (but not all) still work, but they drop off all the time, or suddenly start up on their own. If Logitech has gone out of business, can anyone suggest a good replacement Internet radio?

Thank you.

toby10
2015-04-30, 01:27
Are you connecting to MySqueezeBox.com or LMS running on your computer?

If LMS make sure it is running as Administrator. Also try LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, any errors or alerts?
Tried stopping & restarting LMS?

howardbc
2015-04-30, 13:44
Thank you for the reply. I have a black Logitech radio that I bought at Best Buy in 2011. The M/N # is X-R0001 if that helps. I have quite a few stations/streams saved in my Favorites on the radio - not on my PC. I connect to the Internet using the router that is connected to my PC. I'm sorry, I really didn't understand what you were trying to tell me in your reply.

Should I unplug my router and then plug it back in? I have done nothing to change the Administrator - whatever that means. For years, I just turned the Logitech radio on and then I select which station I want to listen to. That's it. I haven't changed any settings. The only time I go to Settings is to set the sleep timer.

I really appreciate your patience. I know I can listen by connecting my smartphone to a speaker but that is a hassle. I just like having a couple of Internet radios permanently set up in my house. Any more feedback for this dummy would be very welcome. Thank you.

garym
2015-04-30, 14:17
Thank you for the reply. I have a black Logitech radio that I bought at Best Buy in 2011. The M/N # is X-R0001 if that helps. I have quite a few stations/streams saved in my Favorites on the radio - not on my PC. I connect to the Internet using the router that is connected to my PC. I'm sorry, I really didn't understand what you were trying to tell me in your reply.

Should I unplug my router and then plug it back in? I have done nothing to change the Administrator - whatever that means. For years, I just turned the Logitech radio on and then I select which station I want to listen to. That's it. I haven't changed any settings. The only time I go to Settings is to set the sleep timer.

I really appreciate your patience. I know I can listen by connecting my smartphone to a speaker but that is a hassle. I just like having a couple of Internet radios permanently set up in my house. Any more feedback for this dummy would be very welcome. Thank you.

It can't hurt to do the following:

1. unplug router
2. turn off radio

then plug router in and let fully start. Afterwards turn on/restart Radio.

howardbc
2015-04-30, 15:39
Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my plea for help!

I had unplugged the radio several times over the last few days, but I plugged it back in within seconds. That didn't fix the connection problem. But an hour or so ago I unplugged it and brought it to the room where my PC is to send a post about the name, model #, etc of the radio. When, a few minutes later, I took it back into the room where I had it and plugged it back in, after the usual booting, it started up!! Yeay! The next time I'll know to just unplug it for at least a minute or two. I also appreciate the suggestion to unplug my router. I was going to try that next.

I'm embarrassed that it took such a simple thing to fix it, but am so happy to have it working again. Thank you all so much!