PDA

View Full Version : Constant spotify issues - jump to new devices

ad6922
2015-04-27, 14:21
Hello,

using squeezebox for a number of years now. But it seems that the the big family of squeezebox users becomes smaller and smaller.

I experience it now with the use of the terrific triode plugin for spotify. Can't get it working normally without relogin every 1 or 2 days
and the normal quick help on this platform is not there anymore. Have this issue open for more then 3 weeks and although some nice people came with advices, the builder of the app (triode) isn't reacting at all.

So it seems that I either have to learn to live with the current issues or start investigating for new devices.

That's why I am wondering what you would advice me to buy when i want:
- multi room play (now 1 sb touch and 5 radios)
- integration with spotify
- integration with music on my qnap-nas
- use it as alarm with music or radio
- streaming radio
- play to subscribed podcasts from itunes

CommanderROR
2015-04-29, 02:42
If you want that, then Sonos is probably your best bet. Expensive, closed system, but it should work and be well supported.

The Spotify problem is due to the fact that the dev Triode seems to have vanished. He hasn't been seen in quite a while, and some of us are a bit worried that something might have happened to him...

You could of course stay onboard, and just change over to a different streaming service. There are a number of them around, and some are supported by ickstream, which will hopefully see further drvelopment in the future.

ad6922
2015-05-14, 13:05
If you want that, then Sonos is probably your best bet. Expensive, closed system, but it should work and be well supported.

The Spotify problem is due to the fact that the dev Triode seems to have vanished. He hasn't been seen in quite a while, and some of us are a bit worried that something might have happened to him...

You could of course stay onboard, and just change over to a different streaming service. There are a number of them around, and some are supported by ickstream, which will hopefully see further drvelopment in the future.

Thanks for your reaction. I hope that ickstream will support spotify in the near future.

remd
2015-05-15, 07:52
Thanks for your reaction. I hope that ickstream will support spotify in the near future.

Can't give much details at this point, but you can expect Spotify to be available through ickStream in the not too distant future