X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swayzak
    • Apr 2008

LMS BBC player plugin not working ?

Hi

I have the 3rd party plugin (? Erland's) installed with LMS 7.9x, and 128kbs streams are listed.

But when I select one of them nothing happens.

MySB.com BBC streams are working ok.

Is there something I've neglected to do to get this to work ?

Thanks
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S9+ (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)
  • castalla
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by swayzak
    Hi

I have the 3rd party plugin (? Erland's) installed with LMS 7.9x, and 128kbs streams are listed.

But when I select one of them nothing happens.

MySB.com BBC streams are working ok.

Is there something I've neglected to do to get this to work ?

Thanks

It's by Triode. Did you follow this guide: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...uick-fix-guide
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• swayzak
      • Apr 2008

No I wasn't aware of this updated guide.

Will check it out.

Thanks
      Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S9+ (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Comment

• swayzak
        • Apr 2008

Have followed instructions for both triode and bpa plugins.

After quite a few enforced restarts by LMS, both appear in the list of plugins on Settings page.

Are they somehow integrated into the single "BBC" app that's listed in my Squeezecommander Android app (as I can't see any other BBC apps listed) ? This app lists many bbc channels (mostly 128 kbps) - is this correct ? No HLS listed.

Also LMS keeps asking me to restart !

Comment

• castalla
          • Feb 2008

Have followed instructions for both triode and bpa plugins.

After quite a few enforced restarts by LMS, both appear in the list of plugins on Settings page.

Are they somehow integrated into the single "BBC" app that's listed in my Squeezecommander Android app (as I can't see any other BBC apps listed) ? This app lists many bbc channels (mostly 128 kbps) - is this correct ? No HLS listed.

Also LMS keeps asking me to restart !
          You have to restart the LMS server to activate the new plugins.

You need to connect a player to LMS, eg. Touch. On Home page choose Radio - iplayer and extras should be listed.

The BBC app you are seeing is the mysb.com app - it only has live mp3 streams.
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• swayzak
            • Apr 2008

Thanks

But it shouldn't keep asking me to restart (after I have done so, several times) should it ?

Comment

• Man in a van
              • Jan 2011

Thanks

But it shouldn't keep asking me to restart (after I have done so, several times) should it ?

try a reboot of whatever you have LMS on

Comment

• swayzak
                • Apr 2008

After rebooting everything (including the router), it seems fine now.

So BBC streaming safe via LMS for the medium term future ... ?

Comment

• swayzak
                  • Apr 2008

Actually not so fine.

Got nice Listen Again jazz show playing from Radio 3 (via BBC iPlayer Extras plugin).

Next time I returned to menus of either plugin, nothing happens when I select a show (in Squeezecommander) e.g. no screen appears with "Play" option.

However Play screen does appear with stock Logitech LMS Android controller app - so guessing a bug with Squeezecommander ?

Comment

• bpa
                    • Oct 2005

Got nice Listen Again jazz show playing from Radio 3 (via BBC iPlayer Extras plugin).

Next time I returned to menus of either plugin, nothing happens when I select a show (in Squeezecommander) e.g. no screen appears with "Play" option.

However Play screen does appear with stock Logitech LMS Android controller app - so guessing a bug with Squeezecommander ?
                    On a general point not sure if this is true with Squeezecommander, with Extras, if you access a show via the A-Z type menus, often there can be many episodes for a show and you need to drill down to select a specific single episode before it is playable. On an SB3/Classic type player you can press "play" on a show and nothing will happen unless it is a specific episode.

Comment

Working...