PDA

View Full Version : Duet Controller - Resurrection?

stuiji
2015-04-12, 09:54
Hi

Just bought a new battery to resurrect my sad neglected Duet Controller (squeeze commander has been doing just fine this last while but I need the DC to setup two reset SB Receivers.)

The buttons on DC flicker white ever so briefly as I insert the new battery and that's all. Tried holding the battery at different angles and pressures against the DC contacts which again returns nothing but the briefest of flickers?

The battery is showing 3.9v on me ole multimeter so I'm assuming there's enough juice to power on a DC that's working normally?

Interestingly, placing the DC in its charger without a battery has the same effect, ie the briefest of flickers from the DC's buttons.

Is there any hope for my old DC or do youz think it's well and truly fried and buried?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or tips, greatly appreciated.

w3wilkes
2015-04-12, 10:54
Sorry I can't help with your controller problem. In the event you can't get it working you can use Net::UDAP to configure your receiver. This is a command line utility built by Robin Bowes to allow a receiver to be configured without a controller. Just do a google search to find the utility. There is a alpha android version that can be downloaded here https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7htqluvk4aom62/SqueezeConfig-BETA-20111107-154114.apk. I've used the .exe version built for windows and found it worked fine for me. Good luck with your receiver.

Mnyb
2015-04-12, 11:31
Hi

Just bought a new battery to resurrect my sad neglected Duet Controller (squeeze commander has been doing just fine this last while but I need the DC to setup two reset SB Receivers.)

The buttons on DC flicker white ever so briefly as I insert the new battery and that's all. Tried holding the battery at different angles and pressures against the DC contacts which again returns nothing but the briefest of flickers?

The battery is showing 3.9v on me ole multimeter so I'm assuming there's enough juice to power on a DC that's working normally?

Interestingly, placing the DC in its charger without a battery has the same effect, ie the briefest of flickers from the DC's buttons.

Is there any hope for my old DC or do youz think it's well and truly fried and buried?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or tips, greatly appreciated.

Put it in the charger with the new battery over the nigth make sure that its charging .

stuiji
2015-04-12, 15:00
Mnyb - will do.

w3wilkes - had attempted that a few weeks ago without wireless success. However tried it again using SqueezeConfig and filled in the "psk" with my routers password (instead of looking at it and leaving it blank as before :o) and low and behold I have one wired and one wireless connected receivers. Thanks for the prompt.

Mnyb
2015-04-12, 17:37
Mnyb - will do.

w3wilkes - had attempted that a few weeks ago without wireless success. However tried it again using SqueezeConfig and filled in the "psk" with my routers password (instead of looking at it and leaving it blank as before :o) and low and behold I have one wired and one wireless connected receivers. Thanks for the prompt.

My thinking is that a new battery is not necesarily well charged , and a modern digital multimeter is very high impedance so even if you measure a voltage as soon as you put actual load on it the voltage will drop considerably .

paulster
2015-04-12, 22:27
My thinking is that a new battery is not necesarily well charged , and a modern digital multimeter is very high impedance so even if you measure a voltage as soon as you put actual load on it the voltage will drop considerably .

I would agree, and the Controller is pretty finicky about charge level, so leaving it to charge for at least a few hours should get it back to a healthy state.

Mnyb
2015-04-12, 22:38
And some controller chargeras are a bit finicky too ! If i remember it rigth ( havet used mine in years ) , require you to either bend up the contacts a little or place a piece of pare somewhere to make contact ? If it's completely dead you migth not get to see the battery indicator or hear the sound when you insert it even if it does work .

paulster
2015-04-12, 22:40
And some controller chargeras are a bit finicky too ! If i remember it rigth ( havet used mine in years ) , require you to either bend up the contacts a little or place a piece of pare somewhere to make contact ? If it's completely dead you migth not get to see the battery indicator or hear the sound when you insert it even if it does work .

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that. Mine all have a piece of the soft side of Velcro in the back of them, but it looks factory so I'd forgotten that I'd modified them!