PDA

View Full Version : mySB for radio, LMS for my music?

paf
2015-04-11, 12:12
Hello

I'm sure this has been asked and answered 1000 times but I couln't find an answer, at last one I would like to read...

I have a SB Touch and a SB radio. LMS 7.8.0 running on an old PC which goes into sleep after a few minutes of inactivity and which the Touch/Radio wake when needed with "Wake on LAN".

What I would like:

when I choose a radio station in "favorites", it should NOT use LMS (not wake the PC) and stream it from mysqueezebox.com
when I chose a playlist in "favorites" or go into "my music", it should use LMS (wake the PC)

... automatically.

Now, it always try to use LMS, wake the PC (which lasts 30 seconds, when it works...) which is completely useless for streaming radio.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Patrick

johtem
2015-04-11, 12:21
I think the Server Power Control plugin can help you. There is an option to switch to mysqeezebox.com after a certain idle time.

toby10
2015-04-11, 12:22
Automatically, no. But there is a very simple way to accomplish what you want. On both Touch and Radio simply move the "connect to MySB.com" menu item to the players Home Menu. For radio streams select that item, for your local music select My Music, all from your Home screen.

Not in front of my players right now, but I believe the "connect to MySB.com" item is in Setiings > Advanced > Networking
Just touch & hold that menu item (most any menu item) and select "Add to Home Menu".
Note: You must be connected to LMS for this menu item to appear.

paf
2015-04-28, 06:01
But there is a very simple way to accomplish what you want. On both Touch and Radio simply move the "connect to MySB.com" menu item to the players Home Menu. For radio streams select that item, for your local music select My Music, all from your Home screen.

Thank you.

Not exactly an automatic switching, but it does the job and works well.

Regards
Patrick

pippin
2015-04-28, 06:21
Have a look at the "Server Power Control" plugin