Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pnwheels
    • Mar 2015

Suitable NAS drive

Hi, have browsed the forum for an answer....I would like to play my music on SB duet without the computer being on. I'm guessing I need the LMS software installed on the nas drive. Its a buffalo terastation. Can this be done? Other than that, delighted with my squeezebox!
  • d6jg
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by pnwheels
    Hi, have browsed the forum for an answer....I would like to play my music on SB duet without the computer being on. I'm guessing I need the LMS software installed on the nas drive. Its a buffalo terastation. Can this be done? Other than that, delighted with my squeezebox!
    Take a look at

It's for a linkstation but the principle is the same afaik.
    Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

• Man in a van
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by pnwheels

As you don't say which model of Terastation why not save yourself the bother?

Check that it will be possible to access your files on the nas and then get a small form computer to run LMS on.

Much easier.

Comment

Working...