PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good home - ReadyNAS DUO (US shipping)

garym
2015-03-22, 13:22
FREE TO A GOOD HOME. SHIPPED TO THE CONTINENTAL US. I had a purchased a new, Ready NAS duo (has two HDD bays) that probably has less than 100 hours of use. This is one of the original ones (I think there is a newer Ver2 model that is a bit faster). I bought it initially for use running the predecessor of LMS but found it painfully slow for my size music collection. It has been setting in the closet doing no one any good. I've repurposed the 2 internal HDD so it is the ReadyNas hardware with no drives.

If anyone would like this unit for free, just send me a Private Message at this forum.

p.s. I would simply donate this to Salvation Army or Goodwill, but I fear that no one would have a clue what to do with it.

Lestrad
2015-03-22, 13:29
FREE TO A GOOD HOME. SHIPPED TO THE CONTINENTAL US. I had a purchased a new, Ready NAS duo (has two HDD bays) that probably has less than 100 hours of use. This is one of the original ones (I think there is a newer Ver2 model that is a bit faster). I bought it initially for use running the predecessor of LMS but found it painfully slow for my size music collection. It has been setting in the closet doing no one any good. I've repurposed the 2 internal HDD so it is the ReadyNas hardware with no drives.

If anyone would like this unit for free, just send me a Private Message at this forum.

p.s. I would simply donate this to Salvation Army or Goodwill, but I fear that no one would have a clue what to do with it.

Some cities have associations that recycle computer equipment. You might look into that. Your NAS and a couple of HDs would make a great backup server, say, for a small business, school or club.

Jimini
2015-03-22, 21:02
Hi Garym,
I'm very interested in your Ready NAS. I've been a frequent lurker on this forum for years, and your post finally got me to register. But, I do not know how to send you a PM. Maybe because I'm brand new here, I don't yet have the privilege to do it. Perhaps you can send me a PM? Unless I'm too late and someone beat me to your generous offer. Thank you!!

garym
2015-03-23, 04:33
Hi Garym,
I'm very interested in your Ready NAS. I've been a frequent lurker on this forum for years, and your post finally got me to register. But, I do not know how to send you a PM. Maybe because I'm brand new here, I don't yet have the privilege to do it. Perhaps you can send me a PM? Unless I'm too late and someone beat me to your generous offer. Thank you!!

jimini, i've sent you a PM. Click on "private messages" in menu at top of this forum page (next to "New Posts"). It might be that you aren't allowed to do PMs until you post a couple of times, so you can post in this thread if need be until the PM works.

Mnyb
2015-03-23, 04:34
I think the diff is that the old duo has sparc cpu the new one has a modern arm cpu

Jimini
2015-03-23, 17:56
jimini, i've sent you a PM. Click on "private messages" in menu at top of this forum page (next to "New Posts"). It might be that you aren't allowed to do PMs until you post a couple of times, so you can post in this thread if need be until the PM works.

Thank you! PM works now and I replied (it was not available yet just after I activated the account).

:-)

garym
2015-03-23, 18:03
Thank you! PM works now and I replied (it was not available yet just after I activated the account).

:-)

ReadyNas is now spoken for. Jimini I've PM'd you re details.