How do you power your Squezzebox touches to multiple rooms.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benybrady
    • Aug 2010

How do you power your Squezzebox touches to multiple rooms.

Looking to power up 5 touches to different rooms in the house with a central location for the wiring for the in ceiling speakers. I assume a multizone amplifier correct?
    thx.
  • Peter314
    • Nov 2007

I'm using a Denon POA-3012CI 12ch Power Amplifier. Works fine.

Audio manuals and audio service pdf instructions. Find the user manual you need for your audio device and more at ManualsOnline.

Comment

• JJZolx
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by benybrady
      Looking to power up 5 touches to different rooms in the house with a central location for the wiring for the in ceiling speakers. I assume a multizone amplifier correct?
      Depends on exactly what you're trying to do and how you intend to do it. Are the five Touches going to be located in the central location, or each one in each room? Seems to me that you'd want them in the rooms unless you plan on only controlling them remotely.

(If I were going to locate them centrally, where the display can't be viewed and the touchscreen can't be used, I would use something like the Raspberry Pi instead of the Touch, for probably less than 1/4th the cost.)

If the Touches were located in the rooms, wiring with a central amplifier (lets say it's in the basement) might be a little awkward, as the signal would have to run from the room (the Touch) down to the basement amplifier, then back up to the room's speakers. In that setup, an amp in the room would make more sense. It might also alleviate the need for a separate volume control in the room. It would, however, be somewhat unusual for a whole-house audio system, which usually has home-run wiring to a central location and in-room volume controls.

Comment

Working...