PDA

View Full Version : internet radio vs streaming own music

PvdM
2015-03-07, 13:22
Hi everybody,

This is my first post, I hope one of you can help me.

I own several squeeze-devices for almost nine years now (purchased first SB-Classic in april 2006). Still I am puzzled. It is not really a fool-proof system and more buggy than I would like it to be. I have a SB-radio, a SB-Boom, a SB-Touch and the classic as mentioned before.

I am now listening to an internet radio-station (Concertzender Hard Bop - Dutch jazz-radio) which I pick-up with my computer and feed it to my SQ-Boom using the line-input. That is because I just played some of my own music (on NAS) on the SB-Boom. Because of that it won't recognize the internet-radio addresses. I have to switch the music-collection to MySqueezebox to be able to listen to radio. But then I won't be able to listen to my own music, without switching back. Isn't there a work-around?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
PvdM
Rotterdam

tfec
2015-03-07, 13:29
Do you have LMS running (on your NAS)?

PvdM
2015-03-07, 13:36
Do you have LMS running (on your NAS)?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, LMS is running fine. I am able to play back all my stored music without any problems.

By the way, when I am using my desktop as server (LMS running there too) I have the same problem.

Peter.

tfec
2015-03-07, 13:57
... I am now listening to an internet radio-station (Concertzender Hard Bop - Dutch jazz-radio) which I pick-up with my computer and feed it to my SQ-Boom using the line-input. ...

Why are you going that complicated way? Have you tried this URL: http://www.concertzender.nl/streams/hardbop ?
And there is another URL: http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s119371&formats=aac,ogg,mp3&partnerId=16

toby10
2015-03-07, 15:37
.... it won't recognize the internet-radio addresses. I have to switch the music-collection to MySqueezebox to be able to listen to radio. But then I won't be able to listen to my own music, without switching back. Isn't there a work-around?

Yes, get LMS to recoginze/see the internet. Something is blocking LMS from streaming online stations. There is no need to switch away from LMS to play internet streams, which will solve your problem of not wanting to switch the players between LMS and MySB.com.

Tried stopping and restarting LMS on the NAS? Anything else running on NAS that might be blocking LMS ports? Is your correct MySB.com login info entered in LMS?