PDA

View Full Version : BBC radio 2 missing

atca
2015-03-03, 11:42
I know BBC have pulled the wma streams leaving 128kbps mp3 streams. I am using the official BBC plugin but under live radio on the Squeezebox android client, all BBC stations appear and work apart from Radio 2.

Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

atca
2015-03-03, 11:54
Oddly on the LMS web ui the radio 2 feed exists... 17545

vinnielo
2015-03-04, 02:26
How peculiar.
It's not going to answer your question, but if all you want to do is to access Radio 2 from your phone app, then you could try the RadioFeeds app from the Squeezebox App Gallery.

PaulinPosset
2015-03-04, 03:16
I know BBC have pulled the wma streams leaving 128kbps mp3 streams. I am using the official BBC plugin but under live radio on the Squeezebox android client, all BBC stations appear and work apart from Radio 2.

Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

I've noticed the same issue too. Weirdly it's only with the official Logitech control app on both my Android and Apple devices. Radio 2 shows correctly with iPeng, OrangeSqueeze and Squeezecontrol. I uninstalled the app in LMS, re-booted then re-installed and yet Radio 2 still didn't show when using the Logitech control app.

There are plenty of workarounds but it is a curious one!

atca
2015-03-04, 03:18
Any idea who maintains the app BBC / Logitech / another?

mherger
2015-03-04, 03:40
> Any idea who maintains the app BBC / Logitech / another?

The "app" - me. But we're simply showing a list of stations we get from
BBC automatically. We don't edit that list.

--

Michael

PaulinPosset
2015-03-04, 04:19
Any idea who maintains the app BBC / Logitech / another?

What control app are you using? Radio 2 doesn't display when using the Logitech Squeezebox control app but all the other control apps show it and it also displays in the LMS GUI so it's definitely there. I also uninstalled and re-installed the control app itself to see if that made a difference. It didn't!

atca
2015-03-04, 06:51
The Android Squeezebox controller v1.1.4 and the Logitech app from the app gallery.

The station shows via the LMS 7.7.2 r33893 web ui and I have book marked it for access. Given it shows via the web ui it makes me think something is missing on the Android controller version of the app. This feels like a local rather than BBC induced issue.

atca
2015-03-04, 06:51
What control app are you using? Radio 2 doesn't display when using the Logitech Squeezebox control app but all the other control apps show it and it also displays in the LMS GUI so it's definitely there. I also uninstalled and re-installed the control app itself to see if that made a difference. It didn't!
Ditto

atca
2015-03-04, 06:53
Same issue on the official iPad ios client too.

PaulinPosset
2015-03-04, 08:19
Same issue on the official iPad ios client too.

So to summarise; we both have the same issue when using the official Logitech control app in iOS and Android but R2 is definitely there when using other control apps (and also there on a Squeezebox Radio) so it looks like it's the control app where the problem lies rather than the BBC app itself.

Perhaps treat yourself to another control app!;)

atca
2015-03-04, 08:21
I quite like the official one. More frustratingly I don't see how this issue can arise, it's very odd.

bonze
2015-03-04, 08:43
So to summarise; we both have the same issue when using the official Logitech control app in iOS and Android but R2 is definitely there when using other control apps (and also there on a Squeezebox Radio) so it looks like it's the control app where the problem lies rather than the BBC app itself.

Perhaps treat yourself to another control app!;)
or listen to Radio6 instead :)

hankmarvin
2015-03-10, 15:53
Any way around the iplayer part no longer working? Won't play anything with the iplayer app, recorded shows and live streams don't work either, (this shoutcast stream is closed.........) Live isn't such a problem as there is the bbc app which as you have said has the new mp3 streams and tunein and few other apps, but they don't have the iplayer feature :(

Cheers