PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to edit root drive letter for an m3u playlist ?

swayzak
2015-02-17, 16:32
Hi

I've just created an m3u playlist (with FB2K) which references my library on USB HD E:\

I then realised that the laptop I will be using for up coming event has duplicate library on USB HD F:\

Doh.

So I have changed the drive letter of event laptop USB HD music library to same as netbook (on which I created the playlist) e.g. E:\

I assume this should work OK ?

However the drive previously allocated to E: on the event laptop is the CD/DVD drive (which I have now changed to H: ) - but there is quite extensive software installed on this laptop, some of which was installed from CDs/DVDs when the drive letter was E: I suspect this will cause issues should I need to insert these discs again ?

So basically is there a clever way you can change the root drive of an m3u playlist, or will I have to recreate it manually on the event laptop (should I want to change the CD/DVD drive back to E: again) ?

Thanks

Mnyb
2015-02-17, 21:05
Hi

I've just created an m3u playlist (with FB2K) which references my library on USB HD E:\

I then realised that the laptop I will be using for up coming event has duplicate library on USB HD F:\

Doh.

So I have changed the drive letter of event laptop USB HD music library to same as netbook (on which I created the playlist) e.g. E:\

I assume this should work OK ?

However the drive previously allocated to E: on the event laptop is the CD/DVD drive (which I have now changed to H:) - but there is quite extensive software installed on this laptop, some of which was installed from CDs/DVDs when the drive letter was E: I suspect this will cause issues should I need to insert these discs again ?

So basically is there a clever way you can change the root drive of an m3u playlist, or will I have to recreate it manually on the event laptop (should I want to change the CD/DVD drive back to E: again) ?

Thanks

open with a text editor notepad or wordpad search and replace ,done

swayzak
2015-02-17, 23:00
Thanks - knew there had to be a simple way.

Have now reverted drives original letters and will alter m3u list as required.

Mnyb
2015-02-17, 23:34
If your clever you don't replace "C" or some such chose a bit longer string "C:\foo" for "D:\foo" so that not part of names gets replaced : and \ in the replicement may be enough to prevent that