PDA

View Full Version : Anything in hardware that would lock Radio to certain region?

cncb
2015-02-04, 07:01
I am in the US and was able to buy a UE Radio but it is the "UK version". I assumed this meant that it just has the UK-type power plug, however, I was wondering if there is anything in the hardware that would "lock" it to the UK region or is it identical to the US version? What I am concerned about is if there is something in the hardware that would prevent me from accessing streaming stations like Pandora that I believe are not available in the UK. Thanks for any help.

jeremy
2015-02-04, 07:20
I am in the US and was able to buy a UE Radio but it is the "UK version". I assumed this meant that it just has the UK-type power plug, however, I was wondering if there is anything in the hardware that would "lock" it to the UK region or is it identical to the US version? What I am concerned about is if there is something in the hardware that would prevent me from accessing streaming stations like Pandora that I believe are not available in the UK. Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty certain you'll be ok. AFAIK all the region stuff is a function of your IP address

mherger
2015-02-04, 07:20
> I am in the US and was able to buy a UE Radio but it is the "UK
> version". I assumed this meant that it just has the UK-type power plug,
> however, I was wondering if there is anything in the hardware that would
> "lock" it to the UK region or is it identical to the US version? What I
> am concerned about is if there is something in the hardware that would
> prevent me from accessing streaming stations like Pandora that I believe
> are not available in the UK. Thanks for any help.

No worries: the power brick's plug and the packaging is all that's
different.

--

Michael

d6jg
2015-02-04, 12:12
There is one other difference. The price. It was much more expensive in the UK!