PDA

View Full Version : Using web browser (Extra) ipeng

Ikabob
2015-01-24, 16:24
Does using the web browser require a special plug in? I'm trying to stream from COMPACTDISCOVERIES.com (with ipeng) and it's not working.
Thank you.

pippin
2015-01-24, 18:41
No, it doesn't require a special plugin but whether it works or not depends a bit in the web site. If the site requires custom code on the client side (JavaScript or other) or doesn't allow forwarding the stream to another device it won't work.
SoundCloud, for example, worked pretty well when I first implemented the browser but nowadays it's almost unusable through the browser (except for links shared on Facebook, ironically...)

pippin
2015-01-24, 18:49
Does using the web browser require a special plug in? I'm trying to stream from COMPACTDISCOVERIES.com (with ipeng) and it's not working.

Spoke too soon. Compactdiscoveries.com works for me through iPeng's browser.
Just tap the "Listen Now" to open the playback page, then the "Play" button and you should get a context menu that allows you to play the stream on a Squeezebox.

Ikabob
2015-01-24, 20:38
Thank you Pippin. I see now. Compactdiscoveries.com has a newer version that does not work, but when you push the "use older version" link below, it works fine. Thank you again .