PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to standalone WiFi speaker SAMSUNG M3

GAPP
2015-01-24, 09:12
Hello,

I currently have the SAMSUNG M3 wireless speakers whichs works great, but unfortunately can't get the uPnP to work with LMS, so I need to change it.

I'm looking for a compact speaker which has WiFi and will work as a renderer for my LMS server.

Any suggestions, except SONOS? A little too expensive.

castalla
2015-01-24, 09:42
Hello,

I currently have the SAMSUNG M3 wireless speakers whichs works great, but unfortunately can't get the uPnP to work with LMS, so I need to change it.

I'm looking for a compact speaker which has WiFi and will work as a renderer for my LMS server.

Any suggestions, except SONOS? A little too expensive.

Have you tried to use squeeze2upnp ?

GAPP
2015-01-24, 09:44
Have you tried to use squeeze2upnp ?

For some reason I couldn't get it to work with my Samsung M3 speaker. I read all instructions and everything.

castalla
2015-01-24, 09:51
For some reason I couldn't get it to work with my Samsung M3 speaker. I read all instructions and everything.

Did it appear as a detected renderer in the console listing?

GAPP
2015-01-24, 11:42
Did it appear as a detected renderer in the console listing?

From the Device Spy list, it did appear, yes. But I spoke to another guy, and it seemed like it was not uPnP enabled.

Would you care to take a look at it? :-)

castalla
2015-01-24, 12:53
From the Device Spy list, it did appear, yes. But I spoke to another guy, and it seemed like it was not uPnP enabled.

Would you care to take a look at it? :-)

Hmmm ... wouldn't know what t do, I'm afraid. did you raise the issue in the squeeze2upnp thread?

If you get the latest squeeze2upnp version (stable 1.4) you can run it as:

squeeze2upnp -i config.xml

This will save the config file and if the samsung is detected it will be listed in the config. Post this on the thread and maybe somebody can advise.

GAPP
2015-01-24, 15:35
Alright, you don't know of any WiFi speaker that serves like the Samsung M3? I need something compact. :-)

philippe_44
2015-01-24, 16:15
Not sure I'm following: if it appears in devicespy, then I can make it work on squeeze2upnp. I have to look again at our past exchanges, but I thought it never appeared in devicespy

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

GAPP
2015-01-24, 16:16
Not sure I'm following: if it appears in devicespy, then I can make it work on squeeze2upnp. I have to look again at our past exchanges, but I thought it never appeared in devicespy

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Could you please help me out via. TeamViewer or something else? Would really mean the world. :-)

philippe_44
2015-01-24, 16:34
Could you please help me out via. TeamViewer or something else? Would really mean the world. :-)

Just saw you latest PM with screenshot, I think I missed it previously. You have to see a screen like that with at least the 3 lines under the M3. CUrrently, what I see on your screenshot means that the M3 does not have upnp enabled. Sent you a PM as well17219