PDA

View Full Version : Jivelite for Windows

ralphy
2015-01-17, 05:31
I've put together a windows version of Triode's excellent Jivelite controller (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98156).

0.1-833e2be - 20170308

Changes

See the commit history (https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite/commits/master).

Download

Jivelite for Windows is available from my LMS client builds repository on sourceforge.
Click the link in my signature and navigate to jivelite->windows.

Installation

There is no installer for Jivelite for Windows and it does not create any registry entries.
Just extract the zipfile into any folder, all files are placed in a subfolder called Jivelite

If you've installed any earlier builds, you should delete the current Jivelite folder before unzipping a new build.

Running

Double click the jivelite.exe program in the Jivelite folder or create a shortcut to it on your desktop.

The VU and spectrum Now Playing screens are not available on the Windows version of jivelite. Only Linux is supported and only then when running squeezelite on the same system as Jivelite.

Troubleshooting

If you're computer has multiple active network interfaces, for example wireless and vpn connections, and after you've completed the initial setup, jivelite returns from Scanning for Players without finding one, try this.

After Scanning for Players fails, click and hold the left arrow button to the left of Choose Player, near the top.

Click Settings->Advanced->Networking->Remote Libraries->Add New Library.

Enter the IP address of your LMS server and click Done->Connect to this library.

At this point if you can't connect to the library Quit jivelite and restart it.

Jivelite should connect to your library right away.

Source

The changes required to build my windows and osx packages are available on github (https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite).

ralphy
2015-01-17, 05:38

get.amped
2015-01-17, 07:38
These are the same for your version?

Keyboard shortcuts

Go RIGHT, RETURN
Back LEFT, ESC, BACKSPACE
Scroll up UP
Scroll down DOWN
Home h, HOME
Up i
Down k
Left j
Right l
Play x, p
Play (hold) P
Play next W
Pause c space
Add a, (Keypad +)
Add (hold) A
Rew z, <
Rew (hold) Z
Fwd b, >
Fwd (hold) B
Volume up +, =
Volume down -
Screenshot S
Disconnect Player D
Search /

d6jg
2015-01-17, 11:41
I can report that my Microsoft multimedia keyboard's play and pause controls also work if Jivelite is in focus. I haven't tried Next & Back but I will. I have the player that I am controlling on fixed volume so in my case the volume controls don't work but they do on Squeeze Play at a remote site.

ralphy
2015-01-17, 12:06
These are the same for your version?

Keyboard shortcuts

Go RIGHT, RETURN
Back LEFT, ESC, BACKSPACE
Scroll up UP
Scroll down DOWN
Home h, HOME
Up i
Down k
Left j
Right l
Play x, p
Play (hold) P
Play next W
Pause c space
Add a, (Keypad +)
Add (hold) A
Rew z, <
Rew (hold) Z
Fwd b, >
Fwd (hold) B
Volume up +, =
Volume down -
Screenshot S
Disconnect Player D
Search /
Yes, they should be as I only made a few changes to get jivelite to compile for windows and none of the changes involved keyboard shortcut handling.

bakker_be
2015-01-17, 13:39
Somehow this doesn't seem to work on Windows 8.1. Turned of Firewall, still no go ...

ralphy
2015-01-17, 15:51
Somehow this doesn't seem to work on Windows 8.1. Turned of Firewall, still no go ...

How doesn't it work?

I've had reports from testers that it works with windows 8.1 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96573-SqueezePlay-for-Windows-with-ASIO-DirectSound-WASAPI-and-WDMKS-device-support&p=802836&viewfull=1#post802836).

I don't have access to that version of windows.

bonze
2015-01-17, 16:39
How doesn't it work?

I've had reports from testers that it works with windows 8.1 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96573-SqueezePlay-for-Windows-with-ASIO-DirectSound-WASAPI-and-WDMKS-device-support&p=802836&viewfull=1#post802836).

Works OK here, Win 8.1 64 bit.
After I had skipped the security.....

bakker_be
2015-01-17, 17:34
How doesn't it work?

It doesn't connect to my LMS, even when setting the IP, as detailed in your opening post. I'm currently listening to music through a wandboard with SOA, a Touch, a Pi with piCorePlayer, an Android tablet + phone (OrangeSqueeze + Squeezeplayer), an iPad (Squeezepad) and a windows 8.1 PC using Squeezelite, so I'm quite certain that LMS is reachable ;)
I must note however that I had a similar experience yesterday with a newly downloaded build of your Squeezeplay, but that one was even stranger: it played music quite well, but I couldn't use the control interface, as it told me it couldn't connect to the server. This was on a different PC as today's tentative with JiveLite, same OS, 64-bit though, all patched to the latest level.

BuddyRich
2015-01-18, 14:03
This works on Win 8.1 32bit on a Windows Tablet (Dell Venue Pro 8) but I can't get it to go "full screen' like SqueezePlayer and other than the joggler and original skin the navigation buttons are missing (other than off/on) so I can't navigate around.

ralphy
2015-01-18, 14:53
This works on Win 8.1 32bit on a Windows Tablet (Dell Venue Pro 8) but I can't get it to go "full screen' like SqueezePlayer and other than the joggler and original skin the navigation buttons are missing (other than off/on) so I can't navigate around.

The other skins were not designed for touch control, only display on the screen and navigate using keyboard short cuts or a remote. See the list of keys posted earlier if you want to use the other skins.

I assume you mean squeezeplay, it does not go full screen either for me, the window resizes but the skins stay the same as before, same as jivelite.

ralphy
2015-01-18, 15:04
I must note however that I had a similar experience yesterday with a newly downloaded build of your Squeezeplay, but that one was even stranger: it played music quite well, but I couldn't use the control interface, as it told me it couldn't connect to the server. This was on a different PC as today's tentative with JiveLite, same OS, 64-bit though, all patched to the latest level.

What old version and build of squeezeplay works for you?

Have you tried this work around (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101388-Squeezeplay-won-t-connect-after-clean-install-of-Win-7-Pro/page3). Setting files can be found in C:\Users\bakker_be\AppData\Roaming\Jivelite\ at least for win7, might be different for win8.

bakker_be
2015-01-24, 04:38
What old version and build of squeezeplay works for you?

Have you tried this work around (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101388-Squeezeplay-won-t-connect-after-clean-install-of-Win-7-Pro/page3). Setting files can be found in C:\Users\bakker_be\AppData\Roaming\Jivelite\ at least for win7, might be different for win8.

Hi,
I finally found some time to look into this. The workaround doesn't help me, the mentioned info is in the LUA-file, it changes when I remove or modify it to point to a different server. I've never had Squeezeplay installed since migrating to windows 8. The oldest version I found in my downloads is 7.8.0r413, and this exhibits the same behaviour. The current version of squeezeslave works flawlessly ...

andy_c
2015-06-11, 12:05
I have been using Jivelite for Windows for a few weeks now and loving it! I've found two minor glitches I'll describe below, but first I'll list my system:

1.) File Server in separate room running Windows 7 x64 and LMS 7.9.0.

2.) Laptop at listening position running Windows 7 x64, using web interface with Firefox 38 to create "now playing" lists to play on HTPC. I'll just call this machine "laptop".

3.) HTPC in stereo system running Windows 7 x64, using Squeezelite as player and Jivelite to display the "now playing" list. Skin is HD Grid Skin (1920x1080). I'll call this machine "HTPC".

Glitch #1: When I create a Windows shortcut to run Jivelite on the HTPC, and choose "Maximized" in the "Run" option in the shortcut properties, Jivelite does not honor the maximized state request and instead starts up in the normal mode. I maximize it by hand using the system menu of the Jivelite main window.

Glitch #2: Steps to repeat:
1.) Create a "now playing" list for the HTPC in the web interface of the laptop. Play the playlist to completion. The elapsed time / remaining time indicator and slider show correctly in the "now playing" list in Jivelite on the HTPC.
2.) Clear the "now playing" list using the "clear" button in the lower right corner of the web interface of the laptop. The playlist clears correctly.
3.) Create a new "now playing" list for the HTPC using the web interface of the laptop. Click the "play" button in the laptop web interface to play it on the HTPC.
4.) In Jivelite on the HTPC, the elapsed time / remaining time indicator in the "now playing" list now appears as it would if I were playing internet radio, with only an elapsed time indication on the left, with no remaining time indicator and no slider.
5.) Press the Backspace key on the HTPC to get back to the main screen of Jivelite.
6.) Click the "now playing" button in Jivelite on the HTPC to show the "now playing" list again.
7.) Now the elapsed time / remaining time indicator and slider show correctly on the HTPC.

I hope this makes sense. Overall though, Jivelite is great, as I have taken great pains to get the highest resolution and quality artwork possible for my albums, and it's wonderful to see them at large size in the "now playing" list of the 1920x1080 skin.

andy_c
2015-06-18, 08:12
Glitch #2: Steps to repeat:
1.) Create a "now playing" list for the HTPC in the web interface of the laptop. Play the playlist to completion. The elapsed time / remaining time indicator and slider show correctly in the "now playing" list in Jivelite on the HTPC.
2.) Clear the "now playing" list using the "clear" button in the lower right corner of the web interface of the laptop. The playlist clears correctly.
3.) Create a new "now playing" list for the HTPC using the web interface of the laptop. Click the "play" button in the laptop web interface to play it on the HTPC.
4.) In Jivelite on the HTPC, the elapsed time / remaining time indicator in the "now playing" list now appears as it would if I were playing internet radio, with only an elapsed time indication on the left, with no remaining time indicator and no slider.

After further testing, I've found that the situation described in step 4 above (elapsed time / status showing only elapsed time, with no slider and no remaining time) only occurs on the first song of the newly-created "now playing" list after clearing the previous "now playing" list. When the second song of the newly-created list plays, some kind of refresh occurs and the correct elapsed time / remaining time / slider is once again displayed.

ralphy
2015-06-20, 04:42
After further testing, I've found that the situation described in step 4 above (elapsed time / status showing only elapsed time, with no slider and no remaining time) only occurs on the first song of the newly-created "now playing" list after clearing the previous "now playing" list. When the second song of the newly-created list plays, some kind of refresh occurs and the correct elapsed time / remaining time / slider is once again displayed.

I have slider issues with jivelite on all OS versions I use, the slider quite often gets out of sync, just playing an album picked from the gui.

My workaround is to cycle through repeat or shuffle modes back to the original state.

As soon as you press either "key" the first time, the slider resets to what it should be.

If someone would like to track it down and provide a patch, I'll build a new windows version.

andy_c
2015-06-21, 15:17
Ahhh. Thanks ralphy.

ralphy
2015-09-27, 03:37
A new build of jivelite (jivelite-0.1-20150830git267dae5-win32.zip) is available which includes an updated JogglerSkin.

See post #1 in this thread for download details. This post (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103330-Jivelite-for-piCorePlayer&p=827507&viewfull=1#post827507) has some screen shots. The VU and spectrum now playing screens are NOT supported with Windows.

If you don't use the Joggler Skin there's no reason to download the newer version.

slimhase
2015-09-29, 12:41
A new build of jivelite (jivelite-0.1-20150830git267dae5-win32.zip) is available which includes an updated JogglerSkin.
....If you don't use the Joggler Skin there's no reason to download the newer version.

Hi Ralphy;
thanks again for your continuing work on this.
I tried "Soundicity" for a while as a Win10 remote tablet app for my System, but after a while, I reverted back to your jivelite version w/ joggler skin - it just works better for me.

I have 1 question, though:

If I use this App on an actual Joggler, there is a "home" option by long pressing the upper left icon: Long pressing that icon brings you back to the home screen, no matter how deep you are in the menues. I use this feature quite a lot - it is nice.

This feature does not work on your jivelite Version running on Win 8 / 8.1 / 10 using a touchscreen, as the long press conflicts with the Windows feature, were long press initiates a right click.

Similar thing happens when I am in (Triodes) Spotify App: I.e. when I have selected an Artist and browse through the Albums I can select to play the entire Album by a long press (a new window appears with this option among others). (A short press lists all the songs on that album and I can select one song to play)

-> Is there any way that you could make that feature work - i.e. shortening the long press timer, so it kicks on before the windows right click feature kicks in?

Just a tiny question - your app is excellent as it is!
Thanks a lot.
Heiner

AudioUser
2015-09-30, 10:05
Hi, I run jivelite with win10. I can not switch now playing screen to VU meter, although it is active in settings. Any ideas?
Is there a way to control on win10 the squeezelite/jivelite combi by the original SB touch remote?

Regards,
AudioUser

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ralphy
2015-10-01, 05:24
Hi, I run jivelite with win10. I can not switch now playing screen to VU meter, although it is active in settings. Any ideas?
Is there a way to control on win10 the squeezelite/jivelite combi by the original SB touch remote?

Regards,
AudioUser

Good point! Sorry to have misled everyone.

The VU/spectrum meters only work on linux and osx and need to have a local copy of squeezelite running.

I've updated the first post.

AudioUser
2015-12-17, 15:05
Hi audio friends, I'm thinking about how to control jivelite (running on win10) by a remote? Is there a solution to get this run maybe by flirc dongle. I'd like to control jivelite with the remote of my original Squeezebox Touch remote control.

Any ideas?

Thanks
AudioUser

tcutting
2015-12-17, 21:50
Hi audio friends, I'm thinking about how to control jivelite (running on win10) by a remote? Is there a solution to get this run maybe by flirc dongle. I'd like to control jivelite with the remote of my original Squeezebox Touch remote control.

Any ideas?

Thanks
AudioUser

Yes, that works. There are keyboard shortcuts for the jivelite control functions. You can configure Flirc to send the appropriate keyboard commands in response to the corresponding remote key presses.
There are some other threads which have links to the keyboard commands, and may even have flirc configurations.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

AudioUser
2015-12-17, 23:20
Thanks, I will try this. My only concept is the fact I run Audiophile Optimizer, may be this will flirc prevent from doing the job.

All the best,
AudioUser

AudioUser
2015-12-17, 23:22
... my only concern...

schmurtz
2016-05-11, 07:13
Hi, I try the last version of Jivelite. It 's a really good remote that I want to use in fullscreen on my Windows tablet. But I don't find how to run jivelite in fullscreen and where the settings are located (OK I found for settings). Someone can help ? Thanks :)

By the way, thanks for your help and for these awesome softwares !

Edit : OK, I find settings in "AppData\Roaming\Jivelite\userpath\settings"
Edit : I found Gamers Window relocator which allow to make fullscreen but it's a strange solution to use external software to do it :p http://gwr.orekaria.com/

karlek
2016-05-11, 10:29
Somewhere in the Settings you can change the Skin. There should be several with higher resolution.

ralphy
2017-01-28, 08:10
New jivelite for windows build (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/jivelite/windows/) available.

See the first post in this thread for installation details and the github commit log (https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite/commits/master) for all the changes.

ryangodammit
2018-01-16, 17:15
Yes, they should be as I only made a few changes to get jivelite to compile for windows and none of the changes involved keyboard shortcut handling.

What's the chance of using these keys on the picoreplayer version of jivelite? Is there anyway I can make that happen?

I've been searching around, and as far as I can tell, Windows jivelite is the only one with working keyboard control. I've got a MS multimedia keyboard which has some keys that work, but I'd love to have the ability to use all of those, and configure them how I want

Ryan

Paul Webster
2018-01-17, 03:35
I've been searching around, and as far as I can tell, Windows jivelite is the only one with working keyboard control. I've got a MS multimedia keyboard which has some keys that work, but I'd love to have the ability to use all of those, and configure them how I want

Ryan

I have just tried a Microsoft Comfort Curve (has media control keys) with pCP and it worked well.
The keys are not exactly as shown at the start of this thread, for example the "i" key appears to function as Power Off.
But volume up/down and Mute worked (the Play/Pause key does not work but can use Spacebar for that).

So ... how about starting a completely new thread about keyboard control of JiveLite and can discuss it further there.

Update: I see that you did start one a few days ago and then I guess the lack of replies there lead to asking similar stuff on pre-existing threads.
So ... I have replied to your original question
What are the keyboard controls
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=904521