PDA

View Full Version : SB Player MAC Address

DanSmedra
2015-01-11, 13:57
So here's a question. Each Squeezebox device is assigned a unique player MAC address. When connecting to mysqueezebox.com, an individual's account becomes associated with that device..."Add Player".

Now assume the device is sold to a third party, but the seller has forgotten to log into their account, forgot their password, etc., and to "Delete Player" (disassociate unit from server). Can that SB device be associated with another account, or will mysqueezebox.com reject the multiple associations?

Can the player's MAC address be reset, or is it embedded in the firmware and can't be changed?

Man in a van
2015-01-11, 14:17
So here's a question. Each Squeezebox device is assigned a unique player MAC address. When connecting to mysqueezebox.com, an individual's account becomes associated with that device..."Add Player".

Now assume the device is sold to a third party, but the seller has forgotten to log into their account, forgot their password, etc., and to "Delete Player" (disassociate unit from server). Can that SB device be associated with another account, or will mysqueezebox.com reject the multiple associations?

Can the player's MAC address be reset, or is it embedded in the firmware and can't be changed?

Dan, I believe that a certain mherger, has, in the past, offered assistance with this problem.

HNY

Ronnie

garym
2015-01-11, 14:22

one can call Logitech customer service, provide them the Mac addresses of the player and the mysqueezebox.com account you want to connect to, and they will take care of it. I had to call to do this recently on a used Boom I purchased, and it took about 2 minutes to resolve on the phone.

DanSmedra
2015-01-11, 14:56
one can call Logitech customer service, provide them the Mac addresses of the player and the mysqueezebox.com account you want to connect to, and they will take care of it. I had to call to do this recently on a used Boom I purchased, and it took about 2 minutes to resolve on the phone.

That answers that! Thanks so much.

garym
2015-01-11, 15:00
The only hiccup is if you reach a clueless help desk person.